Chapter 10 Berkley

I watched Canada cry as here relatives give speeches about how wonderful her parents were and how wrong it was to kill them.
When we reached towards the end of the ceremony Canada went up to give her speech.

*Speech*
"When I heard my parents died I broke down in tears. My parents had loved me, and had took care of me so I feel that without them I won't be whole any more and that my heart and love is spilling on the floor. My parents understood me, but more importantly, they understood their people, and I don't think I'll ever understand my people as much as they did. They weren't only good parents but also amazing rulers."

As Canada slowly made her way back to her seat I could see tears starting to fill in her eyes.
*************************************
When we got back to the palace I went to Canada's room.
"Canada, it's me, Berkley. Can I come in?". "Please do," she called from inside her room. As I opened the door I saw Canada sitting in the corner of the room reading a book. She had changed into a long deep gold dress with white gloves. Her hair was tied up with a bow that was encrusted with gems.
"You look very nice for some one whose so sad," I said with a gentle smile. She giggled a little. I walked over and sat next to her as she leaned into me. "Just because I'm sad doesn't mean I can't look pretty," she said as I looked into her piercing golden eyes.
"Would you like to walk with me in the gardens after lunch? It might cheer you up," I said gently taking her hand. "I don't know Berkley, your mom told me my parents were found dead in a flower bed of Poppies...my favorite flower," she said as tears started to well up in her eyes.
I started to lean in slowly, pulling her toward me as we gently kissed. We stayed like that for about ten minutes, till I pulled away to speak with her.
"Canada, I will always be with you no matter what happens," I looked deep into her eyes. She smiled and pulled me in for a hug.