chapter 13

A/N : Hey! I'm so sorry for the late update, I have been busy all summer and didn't get the chance to work on the book.

Derek's pov

Mer and I were currently on our way to the forest. I was so excited for this trip! I really hoped she would enjoy it as much as I would. Nature was the one place where I always went when I was feeling down, helped every time.

There was just something that wasn't clicking. How did she know? I never told her that I liked camping.

"Babe, who told you that I liked camping?" I asked curiously.

"Addison." She replied smiling.

My mouth hung open in shock.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, we had a nice conversation and I asked her what you liked and she told me you adored camping." She said, as if it was the most normal thing ever.

I was glad that me and Addi stayed in good terms but it was kind of weird that my ex wife and new girlfriend were... friends? Were they even friends or did they just talk once?

I had so many questions to ask.

"Are you guys like... friends?" I asked looking at her.

"Um... I guess you could say that. Why?" She asked changing the radio.

"Just wondering." I said smiling.

"Is it ok with you?" She asked nervously.

"Of course love, you don't have to ask." I said pecking her cheek.

Yes it was slightly weird but if it made her happy then I was ok with it. She could be friends with whoever she wanted after all.

"Thank you so much for this trip." I said as I brought the back of her hand to my mouth and pressed a gentle kiss on it.

"I felt like we could use a small get away." She said grinning.

"I agree." I said softly.

We spent the ride humming to different songs and enjoying each other's company.

"You will have to teach me because I have literally no idea how to set up a tent." She said as she got out of the car.

"I figured, but don't worry, I'm an expert." I said smirking.

"Getting cocky, aren't we?" She asked shaking her head as she rolled her eyes playfully.

"No, just saying the truth." I said smiling.

"Then get to work mister." She chuckled as she sat on a part of a fallen tree.

I rolled my eyes playfully and headed towards the car to open the trunk and get the tent out. I chose a spot under a big tree and sat my flat tent there. Meredith was walking around as she lifted her phone up in air, trying to catch some signal. The sight made me laugh, I don't think anyone told her there wasn't any. 

"Derek? Where can I get some signal?" She asked as she came up behind me.

"Babe, there isn't any." I said trying no to laugh as I squatted down.

"What? What do you mean there's no signal? What am I supposed to do without my phone?" She asked clearly desperate.

"Help me set up a tent." I said grinning.

She whined before she wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed herself against my back.

"Are you sure there isn't any place where I can get like one bar?" She asked pouting.