Chapter Twenty-Two

Err hello... Sorry! Emma and I have been really busy lately and it's been impossible to find the time to write. Updates from now on will be extremely sporadic, if at all. Sorry. This is all we have written for the moment, and we will try our hardest to write more.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- 

RECAP:

Tyler leaned away from the wall and took my face in his hands. He pressed his lips to mine and I wrapped my arms tightly around him. His hands lowered to my waist and he drew me closer.

He pulled away, letting his mouth linger as he spoke. "I'm right here."

"But you're not."

I lifted my head off the cold ground of the cell. My body throbbed, feeling numb after the last injection. Jackson was still standing in the doorway.

"I think there are still traces of the hallucinogen in your system."

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

"What makes you say that?" I queried, knowing full well that there were.

"You started making out with one of those bars." He said, pointing to the bars that separated my cell from Bash's with a smirk on his face.

I felt like my heart had been wrenched from my chest. A quick scan of my cell confirmed Jackson's words, I was alone. A mix of rage, humiliation, and hurt boiled in my chest, leaving me unsure of whether to scream or cry. I wanted so badly to lunge at Jackson, beat that stupid smile off his stupid face. I struggled to think up a suitable comeback but all I could find were three words.

"I hate you."

His smile faltered almost imperceptibly. He was saved from replying by a low moan from the neighbouring cell. Bash.

"Looks like sleeping beauty has risen," Jackson remarked. I elected to ignore his comment and redirected my focus to Bash, who had managed to drag himself off the floor and was sitting slumped against the bars.

"That was fun." Bash managed, looking up at me.

I'm not sure if it was due to reflex or genuine concern, but I reached my hand through the bars and placed it on his cheek. I couldn't bring myself to tell him that today might be his last.

"Hey." He murmured, softly, placing his hand on top of mine and lowering it.

My gaze didn't falter as Jackson interrupted. "Do you want to tell him or should I?" He seemed almost cheerful.

"Get away from us." I sneered.

He didn't move.

I stood up.

He didn't move.

I charged over to him screaming punching his chest.

He didn't move.

"There must be another way." I shouted, in a fit of rage.

He didn't move.

I stormed past him and out of the cells.

He didn't move.

"Aren't you going to get a bag and put it over my head and drag me back? Or just shoot me and my friends?"

"There's no need to hold you anymore. You must assume your duties as leader."

My head snapped back around and I looked at him.

"Does that mean I can order you not to kill him?"

"Kill me?" Bash came up to the edge of his cell. "What are you talking about?" His voice squeaked slightly.

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

As always, please vote, leave a comment or two, and add this story to your library.