Chapter 2

2 weeks later

Isabella woke up in bed feeling drained. She didn't get much sleep at all. All she could think about was today. It was the day of her mother's funeral. She was really dreading this day and didn't want to believe that her mother was really gone.

Isabella didn't want to get out of bed. She laid there staring up at the ceiling hoping this was just a bad dream. As she was laying in bed she heard a knock on her door.

Knock!   Knock!

"Sweetie I'm coming in"

"Go away!" She yelled.

Her dad opened the door, walked over to her bed and sat down beside her. 

"Sweetie, I know today is a hard day but we have to honour your mum."

"Why, why did this happen?"

"I don't know sweetie. Sometimes you just dont know whats going to happen"

"I know"

"How bout you come down stairs, have some breakfast and then we'll get ready for the funeral."

"I don't feel like eating"

"You have to eat. I made one of your favourites. Choc chip pancakes with whipped cream."

"Fine,  I'll be down in a minute"

She watched her dad walk out of her room, closing the door behind him. 

Bella forced herself out of her bed putting on her favourite bunny slippers. She made her way down the stairs taking a seat at the dining table.

It wasn't long till her dad served up the chocolate chip pancakes making a smiley face out of the whipped cream. He picked the plates up as he made his way over to the dining table. 

"Here you go sweetie"

He placed the plates down on the table.

"Thanks dad"

Isabella looked down at the smiley face on the pancakes. She frowned.

She thought to herself, 'why did dad put a smiley face on the pancakes? Today of all days are not going to be good'

"Sweetie, we leave for the funeral at 9am"

"I know dad!"

"Have you finished writing your speech?"

Isabella's thought to herself,  'today is going to be the hardest day of my life'

"Yes dad I've finished it"

He could tell by her tone she didn't want to talk so he didn't push her. 

They ate in silence then Isabella got up placing her plate in the sink. She made her way back up to her room. Isabella walked into her bathroom and took a shower. 

As the water hitting her skin felt like tiny pin pricks, droplets piercing flesh, causing her limbs to ache with a bone weary exhaustion she couldn't wash away.

Turning off the water she wrapped her towel around her. She made her way over to her closet and opened it up trying to figure out what she should wear. 

She really didn't want to get dressed up. She pulled out her black lace dress and black ballet shoes. Isabella finished, getting dressed, then quickly through get hair up into a ponytail with braids on the side. 

Isabella walked over to her mirror looking down at her dress that her mother bought for her birthday.  She never thought in a million years she would be wearing this dress to her mother's funeral.