You're Drunk

Miku’s POV

 I’m in love with someone else. 

Her words rang in my head, echoing. I clenched the steering wheel tightly, trying my best not to even look her direction. I wanted to ask who- I wanted to know who she was in love with if it wasn’t me, but it had been minutes since she made that remark. If I asked now, then it would just be awkward and… 

 I groaned. 

 “What’s wrong?” Luka asked, and I tried my best to keep looking out on the road in front of me, “it looks like there’s something on your mind.” 

 “There’s nothing on my mind.” I lied. 

 She leaned closer to me, her head inches away from my shoulder. I could smell the scent of her skin, like roses and alcohol, and see her body in the lower corner of line of sight. She reached in front of me, placing her hands over mine on the steering wheel. 

 “What the hell are you doing?” I said, trying to shake her hands off mine, though the feeling her skin on top of mine was like a fire building within me. A pang of fear struck me when the car started swerving ever so slightly due to her touch. I slammed on the breaks right there, stopping in the center of the road. 

“Miku,” she said, letting go of my hands. I watched her own hands as she drew them back into her lap, and then followed her with my eyes as she shifted sitting positions. She was now turned towards me, well, as close as possible to being turned towards me as you could get in a car. Her hair, which was slightly less knotted now since she finger combed it, water-falled down her shoulders, framing her heart-shaped face.  

“What?” I said, I meant for it to sound aggravated, but it was only a whimper. 

 “I need to tell you something.” 

 “Can it wait? We’re in the middle of the road.” 

 “No, it can’t.” She said sternly, and as she talked, I could smell the alcohol on her breathe. She was either still drunk or hungover. 

 “Then what is so important that we can’t drive home?” 

 “It’s about the person I love,” she explained, and I wanted to step on the gas peddle right there. I looked away. I don’t want to hear it. I don’t want to hear about how amazing your crush is- about how he or she is everything I’m not…

“Miku-“ she said again, this time she lunged forwards and cupped my face. Her fingers were cool against my cheek, but after only a second, every place she touched burned, aching for her. I trembled slightly as her thumb rolled across the side of my face, my attention now fully towards her. 

 “W-what?” 

 “I…I love you…” She said, slurred almost, and my heart stopped. She leaned forwards, her hands still cupping my chin, and drew her face closer to mine. I could feel her nose brushing against mine, her forehead touching mine for just a second. After a moment, I could then feel her lips brushing ever so softly against mine. And then, she kissed me. 

My eyes widened immediately as I felt my face beginning to burn. It was, to say the least, electric.It was as though a bolt of lightning had just traveled through my body, causing me to melt into the kiss, causing me to want more. Yet, it hurt too. I could feel my chest growing heavy, wondering why she was actually kissing me. If I was a substitute for someone… If I was round two after her “one night stand” last night. 

What’re you doing!? I thought, my entire body shaking violently. What’re you doing!? 

 I took my hands off of the steering wheel, placing them on Luka’s shoulders. Without thinking clearly, I pushed her off of me. Our lips disconnected and her hands left my chin and fell limply besides her. She began staring at me with a blank look. 

“You’re drunk.” I said, looking the other direction. Though all I wanted was for her to kiss me again. 

____________________________________

;))))))))))

 Haha, please don't kill me