Back Again

Luka's POV

I did it again, didn't I? I slumped over, my knees against my chest as I sat on the edge of the curb. My feet lied flat on the as fault, my front facing the road as I watched a few cars fly past me. I hurt her again...

Miku suddenly began to appear in my heads. I could imagine her crying, the same dejected look on her face as when she pushed me against the car door. The same look on her face- that shockfull glance- she had plastered all over her when Miku saw Lily for the first time in front of my apartment.

My eyes lowered themselves to the as fault underneath me, subconsciously counting the pebbles stuck in the tar. I could feel the heat radiating off of the road, causing my arms and body to glisten with sweat as the dun decided to make an appearance overhead.

I looked up, as if talking to the sky, "I'm really terrible, aren't I?" Hurting Miku... Taking advantage of Lily... Everything.

Taking in a breathe, I reached for my bag and pulled out my cell phone. In a matter of seconds, I was calling up Gakupo, the only person I knew that would be willing to pick me up- literally and metaphorically- off the ground.

The other end of the line buzzed a familiar tune before an even more familiar voice picked up.

"Hey, Princess, how's Prince Charming?" He said, in his low and sarcastic voice.

"What can I say? Prince Charming isn't so charming after all..." I laughed, though my throat was beginning to ache from holding back cries. It wavered as I spoke, giving out towards the end.

"You alright there?"

I shook my head, only to realize that he couldn't actually hear the movement of my neck. I bit my lip, trying to get out a noise that wouldn't sound like a desperate whimper, "I... I'm fine... Can you just pick me up?"

"Yes, of course. Are you still at the estate?" He inquired, I could hear him talking to people in the background a second after he said it. The voices were muffled, but the fact that he was commanding someone in the distance was still audible.

"No." I said quietly, but I was sure that he didn't hear me. He probably had the phone pressed against his shoulder of chest.

"Ah, excuse me for a second, dear," he said, almost in a bored tone. I could tell that he was trying to be apologetic, but it didn't really suit him. After a moment, he was back at full volume, "where are you, again?"

"I'm-" I looked up, trying to tell where I was, but that was when I saw it- her.

Miku.

Driving in her little car, racing towards me from the distance. Even from across the road, I could hear the roaring of her engine, and could see her frail figure clenching the steering wheel. And as she got closer, I could see the tears streaking her cheeks, the redness of her face.

My heart began to sting as she pulled up to the curb, rolling down a window.

"Miss? Where are you? Miss?" I could hear Gakupo on the other end of the phone, though he was now barely audible.

"I..." I found myself chasing for words- for air, "I have to go."

With that, I hung up the phone, shoved it my bag, got to my feet, and hesitantly walked towards the driver's side of the car.

Miku looked sheepishly away as I approached, her blue eyes finding comfort on the center console.

"You came back..." I stated blankly, and a bit stupidly. I was never one for stating the obvious, but I found myself saying it in awe.

Miku nodded her head, still turned away.

"Why...?" I asked, the word catching in my throat.

The younger girl's shoulders tensed as she turned back towards me. Her eyes found mine for a split second before she pulled her eyes away from my glance. I could see how red and puffy they were now with great detail; I could see the dried tears streaking her cheeks in translucent trails and crease in between her eyebrows from knitting them together.

Miku took in a deep, shaky breathe, "I don't know."