Prolouge~ The early bird gets the Mark

DISCLAIMER: I don't own the house of Night series or it's world. All I own are the characters that I made up. The series belongs to P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.

Prologue~ The early bird gets the Mark

I stared at the girl in my locker mirror, the stranger looking right back at me. She had short, choppy, brown hair with natural streaks of auburn in it. Her eyes was a dull, green color, resembling moss on the brink of death. Skin so pale, she made white paper look slightly tanned. Her eyes looked puffy and red because she cried herself to sleep last night, again. Her nose was a little runny, giving the appearance that she had been crying recently. Not that she hadn't spent the last five minutes of class in the bathroom bawling.

*Internal sigh*, of course that was me. The girl who held such a look of sadness thats haunted her eyes since she no older than three months. It scared most of the kids away when I was younger. My blunt attitude got rid of 90% of the rest who were either stupid or foolish enough to try and befriend me. The last 10%, though, I lost because my family had to move here, were the rest of my hair-ball-brained family - exstended family of course, but family all the same - lived. So I've been labled the second I got there as, and I quote," Another one of the Diamond kids. Wonder if she's as cocky and stupid as the rest?" The only reason I heard that was because I have amazing hearing skills, don't know why, but it sure does help when other kids are whispering about you.

"Opal Diamond! Night has chosen thee; hearken to Her sweet voice. Your destiny awaits you at the House of Night!" Came the ceremonial words as I turned around, broken from my train of thought. There, a foot away from me was a vampire. And a tracker.

He lifted his pale finger to point at me, and quite frankly, I'm shocked. Only high schoolers get marked. I'm only on my last year of JUNIOR high, I should have at least two more years!

That was my last thought before I crumbled to the ground, unconscious.

__+__+__+__+__+__+__+__+__+__+__+__+

Okay, that's what I got so far. Don't hate on it because it's not the best out there. Please put in any suggestions if you'd like to.

Vote?

Comment?

Fan?