Chapter 2: An Error in the System

A few years later (Multiverse Time), The multiverse had reached its one-thousandth universe, The bad thing was that only 25 universes were actual originals. 

Fate was worried for her multiverse but she didn't want to fail her son either.

Fate was getting tired of getting track of her son, as she had not slept for so long to keep her son safe. She's worried that her son might hate her for destroying his worlds, those he 'worked hard' on.

Fate had no other option, she was extremely sleep-deprived and needed to rest.

If only Feelings were here, she would force her to sleep while trying to help her.

That reminds her of Dreamtale, which was not in her control anymore.

All she can do was give Nightmare a friend, called Neil, to hopefully change his fate. 

It didn't work as much as Fate think it would. Neil was restricted to do anything that will change certain events.

After the incident happened, which Neil was spared, Neil slowly dusted because he wasn't immortal and he completed his job of trying to change their fate, which didn't work.

Fate wanted to help Nightmare, and maybe herself as well.

But mid-way of forming a world that can help her,

"This is so selfish, I am so selfish, I caused all of these messes in the first place and I always needed someone to clean up after me... *Yawn* But I need to... This is the only way." Fate tried to reassure herself in this decision. 

She could not handle all of this by herself, which is why she made, "Banetale", a literal AU made to destroy other universes.

"..Everything.. will... be.. alright.." She murmured as she collapsed onto her soft, elegant, velvet bed.

Fate finally slept for the first time in 2 weeks.

---

Banetale's purpose is a universe full of destroyers, All of the characters are powerful that are tied to the actual multiverse. They can rest since anyone could do the job, which will be easy since there are many of them. They have a moral and a great purpose.

But something went wrong in Fate's sleep.

AU's began to collide, as Fate was a bit too late to make this decision.

One of the chain reactions hit Banetale, as a magical barrier like the one that protects Undertale, Quantumtale, Dreamtale, and The Doodlesphere was not yet put due to Fate's tiredness.

It was Fate's fault again.

As the AU collided with copy#13 of Dancetale, All that was left was a white void of nothingness.

Yet, one survived.

An error in the system.

---

As Fate woke up,

She suddenly remembered that she forgot to put a barrier around Banetale.

She checked up on it, but only found a white void of nothingness.

"..Once again. I am a failure. I can't seem to do anything right." Fate sighed as tears rolled down her face.

But before she went away, she finally noticed the black-boned skeleton that survived the AU collision. 

His checkbox didn't recognize him anymore, as his world collapsed, making him a glitch.

His stats tried to adjust from the unexpected.

As the multiverse recognized him as an error in the system, an anomaly that shouldn't have really existed anymore,

His name is now Error.

Fate gasped as the impossible happened.

To help, she did her best to amplify Error's stats, despite lacking power due to sleep deprivation.

She gave Error his living space, which was a beanbag, but don't judge- that was all Fate could do at the moment.

She gathered her remaining power and did her last tug at her red strings,

It was worth losing her powers temporarily as she tried to help Error not be alone and the job wouldn't be just for him.

---

630 Words.