Chapter 7 : A farewell contract

"Who are you?!" Ningguang questioned the black firgure who trapped her in a black box that there is nothing inside. The black firgure scratched Ningguang a bit. Ningguang didn't notice the scratch. The black firgure begins to talk. "You...Ningguang... must.. die." Ningguang was confuse and all. "Me.... you. Fight... now...". The black firgure prepared a knife and other stuff to assassinate her. Ningguang knows that she has to be careful around this firgure.

Outside of the box. Zhongli panics as he knows that he wasn't with Ningguang. He couldn't protect her now. Keqing tries to calm down as she knows that Ningguang can protect herself. But all she can do is doubt her ability because she knew that black firgure was obviously the new God that the abyss created. "WE WERE TOO LATE!" Paimon screamed. All of them knew except for Zhongli that Ningguang will have to die. It's like fate, fate cannot be changed or reversed even. Fate is something cruel yet.

Inside the box, Ningguang tries to keep up with the black firgure who has been scratching her for the past few minute. "C'mon get serious if your gonn fight!" Ningguang scolded the black firgure who can't be serious about this little fight because they knew they are just gonna kill Ningguang soon with just a knife. "Your... fated... to die." The black firgure murmured. Ningguang couldn't get what it said and she tried to attack the black firgure but couldn't it just kept dodging. The black firgure just planned to kill her when she runs out of stamina.

It knows that it'll take a long time to run her stamina out. So it decided to just keep scratching her. An hour has passed and Ningguang has been trying to catch her breathe. "Stop dodging and fight me." Ningguang said in a serious tone. But the black firgure wouldn't take her seriously and decided to disappear and stab her in the back without her noticing. "Sorry.... but... your dead now..." Ningguang coughs up blood trying to cover up the hole that the black firgure stabbed. The black firgure looks at Ningguang. She was suffering. "..Do... you wanna see the future... without you?..." The black firgure offered her something. Ningguang breath countless times. "N-no..." She declined the offer. "Very... well... then." The black firgure disappeared. It left Ningguang for her to die slowly. Ningguang still tries to survive.

She breath, breath, and breath. Trying to survive through this hell hole that she was put through. She still got the contract that she and Zhongli signed. "I'm sorry.... but u have to live a life with this mark..." Ningguang tries to apologize but she realizes that Zhongli isn't with her. Ningguang cries as she knows that she will have to die. A fate that she had to live at. She didn't know that fate decided this for her. If only she listened to Zhongli she wished. But didn't, now she has to die in a hell hole that no one will know.

Another hour passed and Ningguang still tries to fight it. But it has gotten worst. She feels like giving up. She just feels like it, she doesn't want to suffer anymore and feel the pain but Zhongli will suffer as well because of the mark that will leave in his face because he broke the contrac by not protecting Ningguang. "Goodbye.... Zhongli..." Ningguang already died and gave up. The black box appeared in the Liyue water and there was her body. The black box disappeared as her dead body was floating in the waters.

Zhongli already felt a burning pain in his face. It was like there was someone who is carving a line. Hu Tao arrived at the Bubu Pharmacy because she got lost. To her surprise. She gasped and Keqing looked at Zhongli's face at the top of the pharmacy. "A mark... Zhongli. YOU BROKE THE CONTRACT." Keqing screamed at Zhongli. She felt angry and sad at the same time because she knew that Ningguang had already died. A betrayal that Zhongli felt as Keqing shouted at her. "T-this can't be right?.. Zhonglu wouldn't break a contract." Hu Tao tries to defend Zhongli. "WHY DIDN'T YOU PROTECT MS. NINGGUANG?! JUST WHY?!" Keqing scolded at Zhonglu again and cried at her knees at the floor sobbing. Hu Tao looks at Zhongli. "You wouldn't do this Zhongli right? I know you. You wouldn't break a contract." Hu Tao with her worried face tries to get Zhongli to answer.

Zhongli apologizes. "I'm sorry."