Chapter 8 : Betrayal and Contracts

Hu Tao gets another look at Zhongli. "Why are you apologizing?.. You didn't break it did you?" Zhongli stays silent. Hu Tao tries to let Zhongli answer her question. "Zhongli? Answer me. Please." Zhongli sighs and gets down from the pharmacy to confront Keqing about Ningguang. Keqing got up to her knees and stood up. "I'm sorry for shouting. I know you tried your best to protect Ms. Ningguang." Keqing apologizes for her rude behavior earlier and shouting at Zhongli.

Hu Tao holds Zhongli's hand. "Zhongli, is this the first time you broke a contract?" Zhongli nodded. Hu Tao hugs Zhongli. "It's your fault that Ningguang died." Zhongli tries to hold back his tears, despite him only knowing that he accepted the contract to investigate if Ningguang was really Guizhong's reincarnation made him hurt even more. Another vision appear in Zhongli's vision again. "'Morax, you really did it huh?" A vision of Guizhong that Zhongli sees.

"I'm sorry Guizhong." Zhongli apologizes. Guizhong then disappeared. Hu Tao still hugs Zhongli. "It's okay, let it all out." Traveler also lends Zhongli a hug. "It's okay Zhongli, Paimon is here!" Paimon said and then smiled. Keqing is just standing there watching them. She's still thinking what she will do without Ningguang by her side. Ganyu will also have to think about this. Zhongli sighs, and hugs all of them. "Thank you Traveler, Thank you everyone." Zhongli thanks everyone.

"Let's head back to the parlor shall we?" Hu Tao said while walking now. Zhongli nodded and walks beside her, "Hey! Wait for Paimon!" Paimon floats around catching up to them. Traveler as well walks. Keqing follows them. "Maybe, I can be fine without Ms. Ningguang haha." Keqing said to herself while walking behind Traveler and Paimon. Zhongli tries to cover his face to prevent Liyue gossiping about him and making false rumors and all. He didn't betrayed Ningguang. It's just that Ningguang died.

While walking back to the parlor. Zhongli did very well in covering his face from other people and safely made it back to the parlor. "I'll go brew some tea. You can wait here" Zhongli went to the kitchen to brew some. Hu Tao prepared some seats for Keqing and the Traveler. "Hey! Why didn't you prepare a seat for Paimon?!" Paimon said in an angry tone as she looks at Hu Tao. "You can float right? Why do you need a chair then?" Hu Tao while glaring at Paimon. Keqing sat and rethinks her life without Ningguang.

"I know it's hard that's Ningguang isn't here anymore. You can always come here for advises and all." Hu Tao comforts Keqing and holds her hand and smiled. Keqing smiled back. "Thanks for the offer, Hu Tao. I appreciate it." Keqing hugs Hu Tao and Hu Tao hugs back.

Zhongli came in with 3 cups of tea and a teapot full of tea. And then sat. He grabs a cup and drinks it down to his throat. "Zhongli always makes the best teas somehow, I wonder why." Hu Tao giggled as she grabs a cup of tea and drank. Keqing always grabs a cup of tea and drinks it. "Hm, I must say. Hu Tao is right." Keqing puts down the cup of tea after she finishes it. Hu Tao got up and ran to her office for something. Keqing looks at Zhongli. "The mark, what are you gonna about since you have a lot of customers here going in and out here in the parlor."

Zhongli thinks about what Keqing said and gave her an answer. "I do not know yet, me and Hu Tao will plan it haha." Zhongli smiled and giggled. The young lady came down stairs with a huge pile of paperwork. "Zhongli! I need you to do for me!" Hu Tao smiled cheekily. Zhongli saw how many of the pile of paperwork and got his pen and starts doing it. "If you say so." Zhongli said in a serious tone. And started writing and doing a lot of it. "I'll go now. Have a nice day haha!" Keqing left the parlor and smiled. "Well, Paimon and Traveler also have to go!" Paimon floats away with the Traveler to traveler over Teyvat.

A few days has passed since Ningguang's death. No one has found her body. Ganyu had been overworking ever since Keqing had told her the news. Hu Tao and Zhongli planned that Zhongli won't go out and go upstairs to do the paperworks to prevent drama.

After a day of paperworks. Hu Tao comes upstairs and smiled. "Zhongli, I have a favor for you to do!" Zhongli looked Hu Tao with a confused face. "I want you to give me 10 pieces of glaze lillies from the Qingce Village!" Hu Tao said. Zhongli wonders why and questioned. "Why is that?" Zhongli looks at Hu Tao with a more confused face. "Oh, it's nothing! I just want you to get me 10 pieces of glaze lillies." Hu Tao shrugged the question and smiled. "Sure, I guess. I'll go by the next morning at 6 am."

By the next day, Zhongli went to Qingce Village to get 10 pieces of glaze lillies.