TWELVE.

"Okay, we have a problem." I said through my earpiece while looking over the bushes. "He's not here!"

"What do you mean? You think he woke up and walked away?" Mars questioned.

"Probably! Or maybe someone helped him out." I sighed and rested my hands on my hips. "Can you look at the footage from the cams around the location?"

"Give me a minute."

Mars started looking around the cameras while I started looking around the place again. No footprints, no signs of being dragged. Nothing except the knife that was still latched to the wall from earlier when he threw it at me. I took the knife out and examined it. It was not just a knife. That man belongs to a group because the knife was a handmade one. Something belongs to the gangs as they tend to make their own weapons as a signature.

"Ve, check that out!" Mars said and I sensed the vibration of my phone through my pocket. I took my phone out and opened the message that Mars sent. It was a short video. The video was showing our guy being carried by another one. "Someone took him out. He's trained! He knew all the cameras and the blind spots. He dodged all of them except this one, Ve. He wanted us to know that he took the guy without knowing who he is."

Mars was right! The guy waved at the camera that was far enough not to show his face. Even if he's looking straight at the camera, his face can't be seen. He knew what he was doing.

"So, now there is someone after Chan and there is someone after the someone who's after Chan. And here I'm being after the someone who's after the someone who's after Chan! Am I stating it right?"

"Plus, you are after Chan!"

"Does that make me the dude that I snapped his neck? Did I snap my own neck?"

"Ve, I'm getting dizzy!" Mars whined.

"Now what?"

"Now you go home and I'll keep looking through the CCTV but I doubt that I would find anything. Send me clear photos of the knife and I'll try to track it down."

"Okay. Don't tell Pluto about this yet. Let's find out who the guy is first." I told him.

That was getting complicated! I don't like complications. I'm not used to them and I'm not used to using my brain a lot. Now my poor brain cells are suffering.

***

When I reached home the lights were off so, I didn't sneak through the window. I walked in and directly to the room upstairs. I changed to my comfy shorts and t-shirt, then put myself to sleep. My mind wasn't giving me a break, making all possible scenarios.

If someone else has put a hit on Chan's head, does that mean they are after his father too? Does that make the other an ally to us? Or a rival? I needed to get the information about the Bang's allies as soon as possible. And I needed to feed myself too cause thinking made me hungry!

I left my bed then my room and went downstairs to the kitchen. I tip-toed to the fridge and opened it, looking for any leftovers. The lights were off and the house was dark except for the fridge's light which was irritating my eyes while looking for something to eat.

"Hungry?" A voice said at my side.

I jumped in the air, almost touched the ceiling. I placed a hand on my chest that was moving up and down quickly and looked over the voice's owner. Again, I didn't hear him coming. He was standing by the kitchen counter, leaning to it, crossing his arms on his chest like he's been watching for a while.

"How do I never hear your footsteps?"

"Do you have to hear them?"

"Yes! I have excellent ears. But you just show up out of the blue. You creep in like a snake!"