Chapter 9

The next day Neville told his friends what he heard last night.

"Again?" Hermione said.

"You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Harry asked.

"Of course. Lucius Malfoy must have opened it while he was at school here. Now he's told Draco to do it." Ron said.

"Maybe, but we'll have to wait for the polyjuice potion to know for sure." Hermione said.

"In mined it to me, what are we doing in raw daylight, in the middle of the girls lavenders? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron said.

"Huh, no. No one ever comes in here." Hermione said.

"Why?" Ron asked.

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione said.

"Who?" he said.

Then something came.

"Moaning Myrtle."

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?"

"I'm Moaning Myrtle!" she said.

Ron jumped and Neville and Harry stared at her in shock.

"I expect none of you would know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, mopping Moaning Myrtle?"

Then she started crying and flew back to her seat. And water went everywhere.

"She's a little sensitive." Hermione said.

A few days later everyone was standing in front of a mat.

"Gather round! Gather, round. Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the Dark events Professor Dumbledore has given me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions- for full details, see my published works." He took off part of his cloak and threw it to someone.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape," said Lockhart, flashing a wide smile. "He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry- you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

Then they walked up to each other and took their wand. Then bowed to each other and turned around. Then got in position.

"One, two, three!" Lockhart said.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape yelled and got Lockhart on his back.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione asked.

"Who cares!" Ron said smiling.

"Go Snape!" Harry said.

"An Exactly suggestion Professor Snape. Let's have volunteer pair. Ah, Neville Weasley how about you?"

"Weasleys wand causes deviation of the simplest spell. Which will cause Longbottom to go to the hospital wing in a match box. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy, Perhaps?" He turned around and pointed up.

So they both went up to the mat.

"Good luck Longbottom." Lockhart said.

"Thank you sir." he said.

Then they stood in front of each other and took out their wand.

"Scared Longbottom?" Malfoy said.

"You wish." he said.

Then they put their wand down and split up. Then got into stance.

"Wands at the ready!" shouted Lockhart. "When I count to three, cast your charms to Disarm your opponents — only to disarm them — we don't want any accidents — one . . . two..."

But Malfoy set a spell at two.

"Evertaspacula!" Malfoy said.

Then Neville was on his side. Then he stood up and took his wand out.

"Rictusempra!" he said.

Then Malfoy was sitting down in front of Snape. Snape picked him up pushed him to keep going.

"I said Disarm only!" Lockhart shouted.

"Serpensortia!" Malfoy said.

Then a snake came and hissed. Neville stood there for a second.

"Don't move, Longbottom," said Snape lazily, clearly enjoying the sight of Harry standing motionless, eye to eye with the angry snake. "I'll get rid of it. . . ."

"Allow me!" shouted Lockhart. "Alata asindera!"

Then the snake went in the air then came down. After that the snake hissed again and headed to Justin.

"Leave him alone!" Neville hissed.

The snake stopped and looked at him. Snape looked at him in shock.

'I thought only the Dark Lord was a parselmouth?' he thought.

Then he took out his wand. "Eparaevedesca!"

Then the snake was gone and Neville snapped out of.

"What are you playing at?" Justin asked.

He looked around and saw Snape staring at him confused. And everyone just staring at him.

A few minutes later they headed to the common room. When they got there Ron held onto Neville.

"You're a parselmouth! Why didn't you tell us?" he asked.

"I didn't know." Neville said.

"Harry, you know what they're going to think about you now. Salazar Slytherin was a parstelmouth." Hermione said.

"Exactly, now the whole school's going to think you're his great, great grandson or something!" Ron said.

"But I'm not! I can't be." Neville said.

"He lived over a thousand years ago, for all we know, you could be." Hermione said.

The next day while they were in the great hall doing homework Neville noticed a lot of people staring at him. Then he shook his head and closed his book.

"See you guys in the common room." he said.

Harry, Ron and Hermione nodded.