Someday

"Yuki," Sakiko whispered out, her voice raspy from just waking up.

"Yuki get up, you have to go now," Yuki groaned, and flipped herself over so she was hugging Sakiko.

"Don't wanna," She mumbled, and Sakiko caught herself fighting back a smile.

"Come on, get up, and go before the doctors worry about you," Sakiko pushes Yuki away, and she begins to whine from the cold air.

Reluctantly, Yuki gets dressed while freshening herself up. She glanced at the clock, and noted that it was about 12:11pm on Christmas day. Once Yuki was done getting ready, she headed towards the bed where Sakiko lay peacefully. Crouching, she brought her face close to Sakiko's ear.

"I'll see you later, my love," Yuki whispered, and kissed Sakiko goodbye on her cheek.

"Mmm," Sakiko hummed in reply, and Yuki smiled before leaving the house.

Once outside, she was greeted by a white covered world. The snow seemed somewhat beautiful today to Yuki. It reminded her of the first time she ever saw snow. She was younger then, only a mere 3 years old. It was the last nice memory she had of her father, so seeing the world like that day again made her inexplicably happy.

The first few minutes after leaving Sakiko's place were quiet. Yuki knew most people were with the family, or loved ones opening gifts. Yuki, from a couple months ago, would've been jealous of those people. Now, all she cared about was the time she spent with Sakiko. Waking up with Sakiko by her side was better than anything she could've wished for.

As Yuki turned a corner, she felt her breathing suddenly grow a bit shallow. Assuming it was from moving around too much, she stopped to catch her breath. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the case, and Yuki felt her vision grow dark.

Shit, shit, shit not again.. Yuki thought as she fought against the immense amount of pain taking over her. No longer able to stand, Yuki folded, falling into her knees. She choked when she tried to expand her lungs in desperation.

She tried breathing, but found it futile in the end. She was going to die, and there was nothing that could help her. A wave of despair washed over her, and she slowly began to blank out. Footsteps were running in her direction, but Yuki didn't seem to hear it. She felt her body being picked up, and quickly taken into one direction. Yuki closed her eyes, and could only hope she would wake up later.

Please let me wake up..

-

The beeps from the machines next to her, seemed to wake her up. Opening her eyes slightly, Yuki winced at the harsh light. She quickly noted that it was much easier to breathe than before, and that she was back in her room. Yuki tried to sit up, but an almost immediate pain shot through her chest.

"Shit!" Yuki whimpered out loud, the pain catching her off guard.

She grunted, and cursed herself for thinking that would work. She turned her head, and saw her phone next to her. Seeing this as a win, Yuki quickly reached her arm out, and successfully retrieved her phone back. Opening it up, she saw a couple messages from Sakiko.

"These are all from an hour ago.." Yuki thought aloud, trying to chuckle, and immediately regretting it.

"Ah..She must've just woken up around that time then," Yuki texted Sakiko back, trying her best to make it seem like everything was fine.

She had to play it off for now. Yuki didn't want her last memory of Sakiko to be one of her crying over her dead body. Instead, Yuki wanted the vision of Sakiko sleeping this morning. When her hair was sprawled over the pillows, and her hand slightly covered her mouth. How the light from outside reflected on Sakiko, and made her shine like the sun. That was the memory she wanted.