White Flag part 2

[I mainly upload on fanfiction[.]net and archiveofourown. I'm slowly uploading over here so if you want to read more than what is presented here I'd suggest going there if you can until I catch up!!! 

 I'm slowly uploading over here so if you want to read more than what is presented here I'd suggest going there if you can until I catch up!!! 

Levi:

'Her piercing blue eyes struck me like needles; they were cold, angry and unforgiving.'

The Captain was getting a taste of his own medicine but he couldn't retreat now so he continued,

"After all, he is more reliable as a solder and a fighter – he'd be a better fit for such a mission " He knew his words would sting like salt on an open wound. But, that is often how the truth was – ruthless and painful. He knew she was working hard in order to not become a liability but her stature would never permit such a reality.

His eyes delivered his words callously as they rested upon her sunshine kissed hair.

But regret seeped through in the way he choked back his breath after speaking. He knew he was standing there lying to her and most of all to himself.

It wasn't about her being incapable of doing the mission.

"Absolutely not." She growled.

"As soon as they find out Armin isn't me, they will kill him much faster than they would me! " Historia continued to argue and her words laced images into his core, terrible, awful images of the things she seemed aware could happen to her.

But he had to make sure she truly knew.

"Yeah?" He mused.

"And do you know why they're gonna even bother letting you live longer in the first place?"

He couldn't drop the act now. No, he had to scare her into submission. The Captain stepped forward and gripped her chin as to make sure her eyes would not waver as he spoke,

"The only difference is this pretty little face and that womanly body of yours." Distasteful words were forced from him. They left a rotten flavor in his mouth. But his façade did not fall even when she shoved him aside and continued to protest. He stood there, seemingly unmoved by her antics despite the burning fear of losing control itching across his skin, forcing his nails to dig hard into his palms.

Things were not going as planned; she was no longer the frightened cadet he could force to her knees and intimidate.

As control of the situation was slowing slipping through his fingertips, the nightmare which awoke him in a cold sweat was clawing its way back into his mind. The smell of ash and death crept up again, images of his mother surrounded by wolves that only slowly dissipated into Historia sent a chill down his spine.