home - 20

"food poison? but that doesn't make sense? we always make sure everything at her home is good and fresh and she's mostly been eating out in restaurants these past few days." Akane explained to the doctor.

"well then maybe it's something in the restaurant." he shrugged.

"that wouldn't make sense, we ate the same thing." Akane furrowed his eyebrows.

"look ma'am, i'm just a doctor telling you the reason for her sick stomach. i can't tell you why or what of who did it," he shrugged. "you can go file a complaint to the restaurant but that's not our problem." the doctor strictly told her.

Akane groaned. "just keep this out of the media." she shooed him towards the door and he immediately exited, closing the door and leaving just you and Akane in the big hospital room.

"please don't make me go to work

"please don't make me go to work." you whined while shifting around which made your stomach pain grow. "i don't want to go to work—please don't make me." you groaned and whined.

Akane quietly shushed you and shook her head. she softly placed the back of her hand on your forehead. "your temperature is still high." she sighed. "you won't have to work till you feel better. i'm gonna call Daisuke and let him know because he was worried and Hiroto. just try to get some rest." she softly patted your cheek.

she got off and quietly exited the room while dialing Daisuke's number. you let out a sigh and rubbed your forehead. you hadn't gotten sleep at all. once you got to Daisuke's place yesterday night, it's been straight shit. you were puking a lot and couldn't even stand a second away from the toilet or a bucket.

Daisuke also had a death scared from seeing you throw up so much but you were fine and he was going to be happy that it was just food poisoning and not anything else...

୨୧

your eyes fluttered open from the feeling of something warm on your cheek. getting your clear vision back, you saw Daisuke sitting next to you on the bed with his palm on your cheek and his thumb slowly rubbing back and forth. "hey." he gave you a soft smile in a soft voice. "how are you feeling?" you tried to sit up a bit but he instantly softly held you in place. "don't try to sit up. Akane told me you didn't fall asleep that long away. you should try to get some more sleep, i just wanted to check up on you, see how you were doing."

"i'm feeling better." you gave him a lazy smile. "the doctors gave me a medicine so i feel better than before." you answered. "shouldn't you be at work right now?"

"yeah but i can call out to come see you. i can stay too if you'd like?"

you shook your head. "no no, you should go. i'm feeling better and i'll feel bad if i'm keeping you from work. i'll call you or Akane if i need something." you gave him a faint smile. he gave you a smile back while still rubbing his thumb on your cheek. he ended up staying for a few minutes and had to go again because duty calls.