CHAPTER 1

"Happy birthday to you,happy birthday dear Alex,happy birthday to you!"sang my mum and my bestfriend Brian who threw himself on the top of me while I was sleeping.

"Get off me assshole and let me sleep!" I screamed.

Ladies and gentlemen meet Brian Ace Walker aka my bestfriend since elementary school.He's way taller than me and has brown hair and eyes.

I was so sleepy...I did not get much sleep because of my fucking sociology assignment.

"Nooo way Lex.Please wake up it's already 10 a.m and it's your birthday for god's sake!.Your mum baked you your favorite cake."said Brian.

My mum don't mind us swearing around.She bakes me my favorite chocolate cake every year.I don't really celebrate my birthday but I'll do anything for that woman.

Pushing Brian's heavy body off me I woke up facing my mum who was holding a cake in her hands wearing a birthday hat.

I forced a smile and hugged her saying "Thank you mum!"

"Most welcome sweetheart."replied my mum.

"Let me freshen up so that we can cut the cake downstairs."

They smiled at me and got out of the room talking among themselves.I quickly went in the bathroom,brushed my teeth and took a quick shower.After getting dressed in black jeans and a white off-shoulder crop top,I put on my white Nike shoes and tied my hair in a high ponytail and took a quick look at myself in the mirror.

"Damn I look good."

I stepped down the stairs and went into the kitchen where my mum and Brian were whispering.I knew they were planning something but I still acted as if I didn't notice them.

"Hey guys,what are you doing?"

"Oh nothing we're just talking about school."replied Brian."Your mum's telling me that I need to take my studies seriously ect."

I laughed at Brian but it was short termed as what my mum said next made me shut my mouth.

"You too should be improving your grades young lady."

I just shrugged at her words.Then I remembered that I had a cake to cut,my mum lit the candle then Brian and her sang the birthday song again.I blew off the candle and cut the cake.It was Brian who first handed me my gift which was a Charm bracelet.

"Wow that's so cute Brie!Thank you so much,love you asshole."I said while hugging him.

"Love you too.Can you stop squeezing me now?!I'm out of breath."

I let go of him and turned towards my mum who was holding a small red box in her hands.She handed it over to me.I opened it and found a beautiful golden necklace.It had my name written on it with a heart.I began tearing up thinking how much my mum did for me and how she struggled being a single parent.

I hugged her tight and told her;"Thank you so much mama."

"Most welcome sweety.You're an adult now I know but you still have to follow my rules young lady."she said teasingly.

"Okay mama"I replied laughing.

I suddenly thought about my dad because as much as I hate him I still wished he was here.Eyes full of tears I quickly kissed my mum and went out of the house telling her I'm going for a walk.

"Why dad?Why did you leave us?"I kept thinking without realizing that I had already reached the park,where I usually come when I want to be alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the first chapter guys.

Hope you liked it.Will update soon.

And yeah,feel free to comment!