Aa

Prologue
•••
[ I recommend finishing this first chapter through so it makes sense at the end ]

"You know the drill when it comes to being King, right?" My dad asked from his chair while his finger rubbed across a purely golden crown that his dad passed down to him.

He told me stories about his dad who went by Bernie. He said he was one of the most legendary niggas on the street, alongside two other unfortunate niggas.

I think, if them niggas was really legendary, why the hell they let some dubs kill them?

"Brandon, are you listening to me?" He asked when he noticed my head was turned a whole other direction. "You're about to be seventeen in a few weeks and still don't want to dip your foot into the game."

I rolled my eyes, but low enough where he couldn't see me. The last thing I needed was to get kicked out on Elm road again. "My foot been dipped in the game. I do everything you tell me to."

Pulling my fingers out, I started counting off all the things i've done. "Nigga I robbed them people up on Belview like you asked me, I sold them drugs down West-view territory like you asked me to, I pistol whipped Cartier like you asked me to, Hell ain't you make me run someone over?"

He furrowed his eyes and let out a soft groan of annoyance. I knew he was tired of me, I could feel that shit, but it didn't matter because I was tired of him too.

"You have done everything I told you to do except KILL!" He tossed the crown to the floor with a head shake. "How do you think it makes me look as an A1 with a son who doesn't use his weapon? A son who can't shoot?"

I pulled my gun out my back pocket and tossed it to him. "I don't need this shit! Keep it. I might flop people and maybe even hurt them, but I don't fucking kill. You know what kinda demons linger around killers?"

He could see me prepare to go on a rant about it and immediately placed his hand up to show he was completely over the conversation. "Get out my face Brandon."

"Fuck you too then," I mumbled under my breath before pushing past his husband, Donte.

I never called his husband dad, but only by his name  and ever since I was young they've been trying to make me call him that, but I was too confused to.

The only reason why I was so confused was because I knew Amber as my mom and Elijah as my dad, then suddenly they wanted me to call Donte dad too since they were married together.

It didn't make sense to me how they were married and my mom was so chill about it. It's almost as if she's not even in a relationship with him.

"And i'm eighteen," I shouted further away from the room.

"What was that?" My dad asked with a confused look.

"Nigga.. I been eighteen. My birthday was a week ago," I scoffed before fully stepping away from the door and jogging myself off down the steps.

"Brandon, where you going?" Momma asked, watching me yank my hoodie off the desk and slide my arms down each sleeve.

"Out." Each of my feet slid into my new retro's and my hood went right over my head.

"Out where?" She gave me a stern look. "You bet not be going down Royals Creek. You know them niggas don't fuck with us. They'd kill you the moment they realize you down there."

I shrugged my shoulders lightly. "I ain't goin' down there and you know that. I'm just gonna go see grandpops."

I wasnt actually going to see my grandfather, I never did. Instead, I would go to some old head who went by Trixta and who stayed off by Riverside territory.