Ll

Samire

Being a reaper was brutal. I look outside everyday thinking that i'd see something new, but I don't.. it was always darkness.

"What are you thinking about now Samire?" My grand-pops, Ramsey, asked in a steep tone.

"Ain't even had to slap shawty in the face like that." I shook my head, taking my last bite of steak and removing myself from the seat.

"Since when have you gone soft?" He scoffed, allowing his head to shake too.

I shrugged my shoulders thinking about how hard Corrie hit the floor when she fell. If it wasn't for the fact that I saved her stupid ass, she'd be dead.

The only reason why I didn't let it happen is because Brandon and I were cool. He said he fucked with her, so I fuck with her too.

Now i'm not no dick-riding ass nigga, but I really messed with them for the simple fact that we could relate.

They were out here trying to figure themselves out and who were their families, and I was trying to do the same thing.

"I ain't ever been soft." I got up from my seat just to be stopped when his hand  flew in front of my stance. "What?"

"Don't forget to put the mask on Samire. No one can see your face."

"Right," I reminded myself out loud before snatching the ski mask from my drenched pocket, "No one can see my face."

I've had my face covered for the longest. Only certain people were allowed to see what a superior reaper looks like.

Ramsey told me since it's almost time for me to take his throne, that I had to start hiding my appearance.

I turned 18 not too long ago and the only thing keeping me from actually getting my spot is the fact that I hadn't finished one mission.

One easy ass, stupid ass, unreliable mission and that was to bring Khari here. The thing is, I don't even know why i'd have to do that.

Why would he make me do something so small to get a big position? It was some weird shit to me, but I chose to let it go because he would hype me up every now and then about how I was.

"You're not like the rest Samire. You really could be the youngest, strongest, kingpin out here. If anything, you could control this whole city with the snap of your fingers like I use to do back in the day," He comforted me.

"What happened?" I asked, placing the black cloth over my head, making sure the holes were in the correct place so I could see and breathe.

"I was betrayed." His teeth slid over one another in disgust at his words. "They thought they could destoryed me Samire. They thought they could do me how they did your father, but I escaped."

I never really asked the history behind why he was the way he was. The man was cold hearted. I once watched him force acid down a niggas throat for stepping in front of him.

Ramsey had a lot of enemies, and I never felt the need to speak against him because I was scared to become one.

From the stories he's told me, the many times he was supposed to die or at least be dead, he always survived it. It was almost as if this nigga was immortal and that shit scared me the most.

"You never tell me about him." I brushed off the thoughts of his past. "Or her," I added on, referring to my mother.

"You don't need to know about them Samire. All you need to know is that your father, Draco, was killed by the Royals. He was a victim of their wrongdoings. All YOU need to know is that your father was on top. He was going to be king, but they wouldn't allow it. You see, Samire. Those people are our enemies. Those people will try to destroy you if they know who you are and that you're even alive."