Cc

Khari

"You haven't spoken to us in the past three days Brandon," Mama said from across the table where we were all having a family dinner.

I haven't really done much in the past few days except for swinging by Trixta's place to see if he could tell me some more information, but he was completely quiet.

I also went by Quavos to make sure he was straight, but his momma wouldn't let me in the house. She said she was never gonna let me set her son up again, but the thing is I never did to begin with.

Right now, I felt like my parents were hiding major shit from me. They've been talking in secret lately and keeping things away from me that they'd usually share.

"Brandon what is your issue? You having girl problems or something?" Dad joked from beside momma, who had a fake smile on her face. "Or is it boy problems?"

When he saw that I wasn't reacting and that I continued to stay silent, he slammed his fork and knife down on his plate and glanced at me.

"The fuck is your problem Brandon? You can't reply to us all of a sudden? Cat finally caught ya' tongue?" He clenched his fist down together.

"Nah," I shook my head and let out a sarcastic laugh, "I just like when people address me by my actual name."

"What are you talking about?" Both of them gave me a strange look as if they were confused about where I was coming from.

"It's Khari right?" I asked with the straightest face i've ever made while leaning back in my seat and watching them share looks with each other.

"Who told you that?" His leg was now shaking under the table and I could feel the vibration get rapid.

"It doesn't matter who told me. All that matters is the fact that you didn't deny it which only lets me know that it's true. So who THE FUCK IS KHARI? AND WHY THE FUCK YALL CALLING ME BRANDON?"

"Listen, this is a lot to explain," Momma stated from her side of the table and her voice was a little shaky.

"Then explain it, because I wanna know why i'm being lied to." I leaned in to listen.

"I wanna know why you're being lied to, TOO!" Dad chimed in. "Whoever told you that shit is lying."

"Why would Trixta lie to me? He don't ever speak nothing but the truth!"

"So Trixta told you?" He got up out his seat and immediately grabbed his phone to dial up a number. "I got something for his old ass."

"What you finna do?" I snapped, pulling myself out my seating area with my brows furrowed down. "You better not touch him."

Trixta and I were real close. He was truly like a parent figure to me since my own dad didn't even feel like one.

At times, I feel like a liability or that maybe he needs me and wants to use me. He was never really a father to me. I'm not even sure he knew how to be one, but Trixta did.

That nigga was good to me and any other time I would let him fend for himself, but he's 72 years old, can barely walk, and is blind on one of his eyes so i'd be dammed if my dad tried to take him out.