Hunter Exam

You were in the Hunter Exam room surrounded by other aspiring hunters. You were nervous because it was your first time attempting the Hunter Exam, and you knew there weren't many rookies that passed. Suddenly, a man walked up to you with cans of juice in his hand. "Hey there, I'm Tonpa!" the man said. You glanced down at his badge, number 16. "Hello," you said. "I've taken part in the Hunter Exam 35 times!" he said. You wondered why he'd never passed. "Would you like some juice?" You were suspicious of the juice, but this man seemed nice. Besides, you'd seen number 44 drinking it so you assumed it was fine. "Sure," you replied. Even so, you took precautions to make sure nothing suspicious was going on. You watched his body language as you slowly opened the can of juice. He looked excited as you pretended to take a sip of the juice. He seemed to show a malicious expression, but it left as soon as it came. You wondered if you had only imagined it.

     "Hey, watch out!" A boy, around your age came running up to you. "You shouldn't drink that juice, it's expired." he said. You hesitantly poured out the juice. He led you away from Tonpa. "Hello, I'm Kurapika," the boy who helped you earlier said. You were hesitant about following him to his friends. Under normal circumstances, you would have refused to follow any stranger, but this boy helped you, so you hesitantly followed him. "Didn't you take a sip of that juice?" Kurapika asked. "No, that was a fake sip so I could watch his body language in case the juice was laced with something." you replied. "Wow, you must know a lot about that kind of stuff," he said. "My parents taught me how to recognize that kind of stuff," you said. 

     Kurapika led you over to his friends. You looked at both of his friends. There was a tall man with black hair and glasses that look like he was in his mid-thirties, and a short boy with green hair that looked to be around twelve. "These are my friends. I met them on the ship on our way to the Hunter Exam," Kurapika said. "I'm Gon!" the green-haired boy said. "And I'm Leorio," the older man said. "Hey, I'm Y/N," you replied. "Tonpa also tried to give us the juice, but Gon warned us that there was something wrong with it," Kurapika said. 

     Then, someone else walked into the room. You looked down at their badge, number 301. They had needles all over their body. When they entered the room, the entire room got tense. After that, we went back to talking. We were each talking about everyone in the room, when suddenly a door that led to a long tunnel opened. "Sorry to keep you waiting for so long," the man said . "Now, we have come to the end of the exam registration. And so, the Hunter Exam begins now! Let me remind you again, if you are not luck or strong enough, taking the hunter exam could lead to serious injuries on your part and could even cost your lives. For you who are taking the test in spite of all that, please come with me. For those who are giving up, please leave the place by taking the elevator right behind you." the man at the tunnel's entrance said. You looked back at the door with a blank face. "Huh? Are you thinking about leaving?" Gon asked. "No, of course not. I'm just seeing if anyone's leaving," you said.

     "All 404 candidates have decided to take the first test," the man said. He started walking down the tunnel, and everyone started to follow. You had been walking with Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio. You had still been suspicious of them and didn't trust them yet, but you figured they had no reason the betray you. "So nobody is pulling out. Just as I expected," Leorio said. "I wouldn't expect anyone to. I don't know what you went through, but it was a pain just to get here," You replied. You wondered if you had revealed too much information about yourself already, especially to Kurapika.

     The man that was leading you through the tunnel had started picking up the pace. "What's going on now?" Leorio asked. "The ones in the front have started running," Gon said. "He is picking up the pace," Kurapika said. "By the way, is it your first time taking the exam," you asked Kurapika. "Yes, it's my first time attempting the exam. I'm 17, by the way." he replied. He was your age. You wondered if you should reveal your age to him. You decided to put it off until you could trust them more. You hoped that everyone else wouldn't start sharing their ages because that would put more pressure on you to share your age.