Chapter 4: Dead Zone

To say that Yaoyorozu was just done with the day was an understatement.

First, she had been paired up with someone who clearly resented the idea of working as a group. As she and Iida started to brainstorm a plan to deal with the hero team, Bakugo immediately walked off, muttering how he 'was gonna blow that nerd to kingdom come.' Who the apparent 'nerd' was was unclear, but that was only the beginning of her strife. She had followed him down to the second story to try and help him if needed, hiding away in the stairwell leading to the fourth story.

Secondly, she had lost her fight with Aromasu. Despite her skill and the versatility of her quirk, she was admittedly caught off guard at his speed and skill, and his strange quirk.

So, when she was tackled to the ground and wrapped up with her own capture tape, she was feeling lost. Aromasu did help a little, his joke certainly did brighten her mood.

And finally, she was an accidental target from Bakugo's mega explosion. Though she wasn't hurt to badly, she was really confused on why that was. She only had a few burns, and the explosion damaged the entire hallway.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and a voice asking if she was ok, and she uncurled herself to look up. She was relieved to see Aromasu, and started answering.

"I'm fine, but are y-"

She had to stop short when she finally got a good look at his current condition. From what she could see, the cloak on his back was burnt to a crisp, only hanging by his shoulders. His face was a little burnt, his skin just a bit dark with soot and burns, a contrast to his fairly tan skin. His arms were similar, just with a few more burns. His leather vest seemed to be smoking near his back, and his pants were all torn up in different places.

He assured her that he was fine, before patting down his vest and going wide eyed. He asked her for a few beads of pewter, and that got her mind racing as to why, before she held up her hand and made some pewter marbles.

She was really confused when he ate them, and slowly sat up straight. 'Does it have to do with his quirk? What does it even do?' The smoke behind him was clearing away, and Yaoyorozu could hear voices arguing on the other side.

She watched as the rest of her team and the hero team were revealed, and her confusion only grew as their faces, excluding Bakugo, showed only fear and horror.

Aromasu slowly stood up and turned around. At least she wasn't confused on why they were making those faces, as she had found their reason. The back of his vest was almost completely destroyed, exposing his back that was way more burnt than his arms and face.

He was shaking, barely able to stand up. He muttered something to Bakugo, but that was unheard by Yaoyorozu, who was just staring. 'How is he able to stand? That blast was strong enough to level a structurally weak building.' She then thought of the pewter he had eaten and tied it to that. 'Pewter must strengthen him or something, there's no way that he'd be standing without it.'

She was startled out of her thoughts when he stumbled backwards and started falling. She felt herself shouting his name and leaning forward to catch him. Her burns screamed in protest at the sudden fast movement, but she didn't care.

She caught him, even if just barely, and created a pillow as fast as she could. Placing it under his head, she laid him down on his side, keeping his back towards her.

She barely registered Iida, Midoriya and Uraraka suddenly appear beside her, practically yelling asking how to help. She was locking up, unsure of how to proceed. The burns looked so much worse up close, and she had her own injuries to treat as well.