Chapter 140: It Wasn't My Daughter, It Was Cha Jooeun!

Cha Jooeun?!

Hearing this name, Hyomin felt like someone had switched on a light bulb in her head. She apologetically turned to everyone. "I hope you can keep it a secret."

"Don't worry, we won't tell anyone. Are you sure you don't need to go to the hospital?"

Under such circumstances, how could word not spread?

"No need." Hyomin stood up with the assistance of onlookers. After rubbing her head and making sure she was okay, she left Octagon Club.

As she returned to her car, she tried to remember how Jennie looked when she saw her. She was wearing a hat, so no one recognized her. And as a 16-year-old, it was illegal for her to enter a bar, so she must have used a fake ID.

Since Jennie was taking drugs, her future did not look promising. But being able to take advantage of the situation to implicate Jooeun, made all her pain and suffering worth it.

The name Mini-Jooeun finally came in use!

Apart from this, Hyomin also wanted to mess up the deal between Cha Jooeun and Harper's. So she stopped her car on the side of the road and gave Editor Choi a phone call, telling her she had a huge scandal to expose and requested to meet in person.

Editor Choi already knew about everything that had happened at Sublime earlier in the day. Although she didn't want to care about Hyomin – since the latter said it had something to do with Harper's – she ended up giving her the address after a moment of consideration.

Time went by quickly and it was already late into the night. The search terms 'Cha Jooeun', 'drugs' and 'fight' slowly made their way up the search rankings. Hyomin arrived at Editor Choi's home holding her phone excitedly. She sat on the sofa and handed her phone over to the Editor. "Cha Jooeun is tainted, you can't use her for your cover."

Editor Choi held her head with her left hand and held the phone with her right. Afterward, she threw the phone back at Hyomin. "I'm sure you are clear whether this is really Cha Jooeun. Hyomin, as a friend, I'll give you a friendly warning: Cha Jooeun has someone backing her. Even if you flip the sky upside down, you won't be able to lay a finger on her."

"Who is it?" Hyomin was stunned. She didn't expect to hear something like this from Editor Choi.

"I won't tell you, but don't impulsively challenge her bottom line. Otherwise, you may not be able to stay in Seoul for long."

"This is impossible. If Cha Jooeun had someone backing her, she wouldn't torture herself by climbing up one step at a time like this."

"So you're aware that she's suffering, then can you use less vile methods and do some good deeds instead to accumulate some merit for yourself?" Editor Choi sneered. "Hyomin, I know you've been kicked out by Sublime, but I have something I want to say to you. A pitiful person must have a reason for why they've sunk so low. Try and throw another attack at Cha Jooeun and see how she will make your life a living hell."

Hyomin looked at Editor Choi with an icy cold glare and finally understood what people meant when they said 'hitting a man when they're down'. The entertainment industry had always been this realistic. She was down on her luck at the moment, so it was normal to be bullied by everyone.

"Even if you aren't thinking for your own sake, you should at least think about your mother. Spending your life trying to step on top of others will definitely lead to a bad ending."

After hearing this, Hyomin stood up all of a sudden and stared furiously at Editor Choi. "That's enough, you are merely the pot calling the kettle black. I just want to know who's backing Cha Jooeun."

Editor Choi did not answer her question. Instead, she burst out in laughter. Hyomin's heart sank. She picked up her phone ready to leave. At this time Editor Choi spoke up. "Just wait and see Hyomin. Tomorrow the tables will turn."

Hyomin left Editor Choi's home without turning back. Fear was actually growing inside her. If Editor Choi's words were true. If Cha Jooeun really did have someone backing her. Then with her current circumstance, what could she use to fight with her?

No, don't scare yourself. Let's wait to reassess the situation tomorrow.

The second half of the night, comments about Jooeun taking drugs were spreading like crazy online and causing quite a stir. There was plenty of interest, but the thought of being face-slapped by Jooeun so many times in the past made everyone hesitant to jump to conclusions. Firstly, there wasn't any evidence and secondly, they had developed a trust in Jooeun's character.

At 2 AM, Jeonghwan received a phone call from Taejoo.

"President, Madam is in the news again. I've already sent someone to investigate. The person that took drugs was Jennie Kim. Because they look similar, madam got stuck with incorrect rumors."

Jeonghwan looked at his phone and gently freed Jooeun from his embrace as he headed into the study room. "Have you found evidence?"

"As there were plenty of people on the scene, I was able to get evidence. But none of it is HD quality."

"Contact the main media sources, give them the evidence, and make them change their search terms. As for the information, I asked you to retrieve previously regarding Jennie Kim's school life, it's time to make use of it. However, hold back a little, I want to leave it for the grand finale. I want to see who else wants to stand in Jooeun's way."

Taejoo made a sound of agreement and didn't say anything else. After a short pause, he reported, "By the way, president, this scandal was started by Park Hyomin."

Hearing this, Jeonghwan's expression darkened. Afterward, he responded in an extremely cold voice. "Do I need to teach you how to deal with someone who hasn't learned their lesson?"

"No need." Taejoo understood what Jeonghwan meant.

Since Hyomin enjoyed going into battle, then she shouldn't dream of having a day of peace for the rest of her life.

Hyomin waited in her car for the entire night. After waking up the next morning, the hottest search term had changed from 'Cha Jooeun' into 'Jennie Kim'.

She closed her phone in fear. Her mind endlessly ran through the warnings Editor Choi had given her. Cha Jooeun has someone backing her.

How could Cha Jooeun have someone backing her? This was impossible. She had been bullied by her previously. If there really was such a person, then he mustn't truly care about her. She at most could only be a mistress!

Hyomin put away her phone. She originally wanted to look for Bohyun. But while driving there, she received a phone call from the hospital. "Miss Park, please come to the hospital to pay your mother's medical bills."

"I don't have any money left, who am I going to get the money from to pay the medical bills?" Hyomin screamed.

"Then you have no choice but to come to take your mother home and take care of her yourself."

How was she supposed to take care of a paralyzed person? Plus, if people were to find out, how would she live up to it?

Hyomin had no choice but to turn the car around and drive to the hospital. As for the incident about Jennie taking drugs, the public was in an uproar. Even Jennie's parents stepped out to try and clear her innocence.

"This can't possibly be my daughter. If it's my daughter, I'll die right in front of you. Isn't my daughter's nickname, Mini-Jooeun? Since my daughter looks so similar to Cha Jooeun, how could you guys be certain it wasn't Cha Jooeun that took drugs and claim that it was my daughter?"

While accepting an interview, Jennie's parents cried while they spoke. "I know my daughter better than anyone. There's no way she would take drugs. It must be Cha Jooeun. For the sake of passing the blame, she must have used some underhanded methods. It wasn't my daughter, it was Cha Jooeun!"