Chapter 193: Kicking Off a Good Show

If Kangjun admitted to creating a fake recording, Jooeun's innocence would be rebuked and her scandal would ignite once again. It would also mean that Kangjun's methods were like a poor lie which backfired because it would seem like he really did have something to hide. He was hiding the fact that Jooeun's private life was a mess and she had ambiguous relationships with quite a few men.

Taking everything into consideration, Kangjun was put in an extremely difficult situation. Amongst his options, he didn't mind getting hurt, but he didn't want to hurt his dead lover, nor did he want to hurt a living friend.

After returning discreetly to Seoul, Jooeun contacted all the friends that could possibly lend a helping hand. She wasn't afraid of starting a battle with Yeji, she simply wanted to find the best way for Kangjun to retreat.

"Jooeun, I feel like you are being overly worried about Kangjun. He is, after all, a top manager and has his own way of dealing with situations. I'm sure he won't just stand idly by as Yeji threatens him." Minjung comforted en route to Sublime. "What can you change by going to Sublime?"

"I'm not going there to look for Yeji." Jooeun replied calmly. "I am going there to wait for Kangjun. Unless you have a better way to get in contact with him?"

Minjung shook her head. Kangjun refused to pick up his phone no matter who called. Since he was to hold a press conference in Sublime, he would definitely make an appearance ahead of time.

"Wait! Unnie, get someone to investigate where Jiwon is buried."

Minjung nodded. She was well experienced with simple things like this. A moment later, she gave the name of the graveyard directly to Taejoo and told him to drive them there.

From the moment he picked up the trio from the airport, Jeonghwan had instructed Taejoo to be Jooeun and Minjung's driver. When Taejoo and Minjung first saw each other, they were a bit awkward. After all, Minjung had previously suggested they live together. Although Taejoo didn't understand her reasoning, Minjung's heart still fluttered. Especially at this moment as Taejoo continued to be her fiancée as he drove them around, the discomfort in her heart multiplied immensely.

As it was an overcast and foggy day, Jooeun wrapped herself in a coat as she entered the graveyard. As expected, she discovered Kangjun in front of Jiwon's grave. Their eyes met. Kangjun was obviously shocked as he stood up.

"Why are you back? You still have so much to do in London."

"Since you know I have so much work, why did you leave so abruptly?" Jooeun stared at Kangjun before placing a bunch of white roses on Jiwon's grave. Seeing the photo of the young woman on the tombstone, Jooeun naturally clasped her hands together as a sign of respect.

"You've already heard about what's happening this afternoon?"

"Yep." Jooeun nodded. "I suddenly understand why Jeonghwan always asks me why I choose a path that hurts myself even when I have a much easier solution. Right now, I finally understand how he feels because I want to ask you the same thing."

"Did you come back because you didn't want to be implicated or..."

"Did you think, at this point, I am still afraid of Yeji?" Jooeun turned her head and questioned Kangjun. "I simply don't want a friend to go through the same pain that I've gone through."

"Jooeun, have you experienced a moment of total despair?" Kangjun lowered his head as he touched the photo on the tombstone. Although his lover had been gone for many years, the pain in his heart could not be relieved.

"Of course I have. 3 months ago, the night before I was to get married, I discovered my fiancé having an affair right by my bedside. The next day I got married to Jeonghwan at the Civil Affairs Office." Jooeun replied. "But even if I hadn't met Jeonghwan, I still would not have given up on my right to love. Why should I have let something like this stop me? I am extremely grateful that I ended up meeting Jeonghwan. Being able to give my love to him is completely worth it."

"Isn't it painful?"

"Spending year after year missing someone while leading the exact same life, that's true pain." After speaking, Jooeun pulled out a business card from her bag. "I know you don't need this, but I simply want to offer you a fresh start. No matter what you decide to do at the press conference this afternoon, you have my full support. Yeji, on the other hand, if I find a chance to get back at her, even if it's minuscule, I will still latch onto it and tear her apart." After speaking, Jooeun turned around and left the graveyard, leaving Kangjun in front of Jiwon's grave in deep thought. Jooeun told him that even though she had experienced despair, she was never going to give up on continuing to love.

Kangjun repeated her words in his mind and suddenly felt a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He smiled as he lowered his head and spoke to the photo on the tombstone. "Jiwon-ah, perhaps I really have kept myself locked away for too long."

Of course, a dead person's reputation was important. But in the end, it was all in the past. It was more important to focus on the living.

3 PM. Sublime Artist Agency Main Hall.

A large number of reporters had already gathered at the press conference after hearing that Seo Kangjun had something to say about Sublime's headliner.

Just before the conference was to start, Yeji stood to one side and chatted to Bohyun as she watched the staff set up the stage.

"You need to be careful of Kangjun. After all, he is a top-grade manager. Back when the three of us were still on good terms, he had always been the type to appear unaffected when in reality, he had already dealt with the situation. He was never one to make others worried."

Yeji crossed her arms and turned to look at Bohyun. "No matter how capable he is, he will always have a weakness he can't get rid of – that weakness is Jiwon. For Jiwon, there isn't anything he wouldn't do. Did you think he would betray his lover for Jooeun?"

Yeji's confidence had always come straight from her heart, but Bohyun didn't have faith.

Yeji's ego made her overlook many things, including change. Nothing was forever. People were bound to change.

However, Bohyun didn't say anything. He knew Yeji wouldn't listen to him. One had to experience a loss before truly understanding the power of change.

3:15 PM.

Kangjun entered Sublime dressed in a grey suit. He walked over to Yeji and Bohyun and reminded them. "Don't forget what you promised me."

Yeji smiled as she slightly nodded. "I will give all the information in my hands to you."

After hearing her response, Kangjun turned his gaze to Bohyun. "Out of us three, it seems you are the last one to be smiling."

Bohyun lifted his chin and replied gently. "The person I want to go against is Cha Jooeun. If you want to throw the blame on someone, then you can only blame yourself for choosing the wrong side. If you can't find a job in the future, you can speak to me."

Kangjun suddenly let out a laugh. It had been years since Yeji had seen such a carefree smile on his face. She felt, he, at this moment, was a little different. However, before she got the chance to reminisce properly, Kangjun had already disappeared from in front of them and stepped on the stage. Was she expecting him to tell everyone he had created the recording? A good show was about to kick off.