Chapter 169: Forced

This was the first time one of the company's artists dared to hang up on Yeji.

Yeji endured her anger and held back her temper as she phoned Kangjun. After looking through Jooeun's schedule, Kangjun replied. "Since you gave all of Jooeun's previous jobs to Ahn Hani and Shin Suhyun, Jooeun ended up accepting other ones. Her schedule is already full. I'm sorry, but it is not our problem."

Of course, it wasn't Jooeun and Kangjun's problem. Yeji only had herself to blame.

She had never imagined Jooeun would become so popular because of Damiani's highlights. And she definitely did not expect, her clients would insist on using Jooeun. Losing a bit of compensation wasn't a huge deal. But as the CEO of Sublime with ultimate authority and power, how could she let a model mess around with her?

Yeji hung up the phone. If Jooeun was in front of her right now, she would pounce on her and tear her to shreds.

After a moment of quiet thought, Yeji called Bohyun into her office. She placed one hand to her forehead as she spoke in a tired manner. "That Jang Minjung, who else does she have at home?"

"Her parents passed away early. She only has a grandfather."

"Then what are you waiting for? There are only 2 days left until Jooeun goes on Radio Star. Immediately send someone to pick up Jang Minjung's grandfather. Make sure to be discreet." Yeji dropped her arms to her sides and walked over to the window. She looked out into the distance.

"Yeji." Bohyun looked at Yeji with a deep expression. He had never seen her do something so disgusting out in the open.

"I want Jooeun to fall into my trap. I want her to know that I am the one in charge!"

Now that things had gotten to this stage, it was no longer a simple internal fight. As Yeji and Jooeun's relationship deteriorated, there was bound to be a bloody battle. Neither party wanted to bow down to the other.

Bohyun looked at Yeji's confident expression before nodding his head. "I understand. I'll handle this matter well."

"We need to use extreme methods to deal with extreme people."

In reality, Jooeun had always been passively revolting against Yeji. She didn't want to end up being stepped over by her. After all, in Yeji's eyes, her models either had to be like Ahn Hani with a bit of overconfidence and easy to control or like Shin Suhyun who could differentiate from right and wrong but had to follow the crowd. Jooeun wasn't willing to do any of that, she just wanted to be herself.

After confirming Radio Star's appearance time, Jooeun went to a few magazines that were arranged by Kangjun for some interviews. In the evening, Jooeun suddenly received a message from Jeonghwan. "Come to W Hotel tonight, I have booked a candlelit dinner."

Jooeun glanced at the date on her phone before smiling. "What is it? It's not like today is our wedding anniversary..."

"I want to show you the best view in Seoul."

Jooeun put away her phone and turned to look at Minjung and Kangjun

Jooeun put away her phone and turned to look at Minjung and Kangjun. She originally wanted Kangjun to drive her to GK, but Minjung suddenly said, "My grandfather has come to Seoul to visit me. I need to hurry home."

"How about we go see your grandfather together."

"No need. Jooeun. According to your popularity, you have fans everywhere you go, you should let my grandfather off." Minjung pressed her palms together and did an exaggerated praying gesture.

Jooeun let out a gentle laugh as she said to Minjung, "In that case, have fun with your grandfather, Unnie. I'll give you 2 days off."

"Okay." Minjung nodded as she smiled sweetly.

Afterward, Jooeun instructed Kangjun to drop off Minjung before driving her to GK. After Jeonghwan appeared, Kangjun quickly retreated and handed Jooeun over to Jeonghwan. He had recently been preoccupied with investigating the truth behind Jiwon's death.

Jeonghwan and Jooeun boarded the car. The couple smiled at each other. Upon arriving at W Hotel, they drove the car through the VIP entrance. Jeonghwan originally intended on handing the car keys to the valet, but Jooeun noticed the valet had his head down the entire time.

At this moment, Jooeun couldn't explain the emotion that hit her. All the hate she once had, had completely dissipated because the man with his arm hooked around her was full of warmth.

"What are you looking at?" Jeonghwan asked.

"The person just now was Jung Yonghwa." Jooeun replied calmly. Seeing Jeonghwan's eyebrows scrunch up, she quickly explained. "Hey, don't misunderstand. I was just a little surprised. Doesn't he have a mother that married a director? Logically speaking, even if he was to be kicked out of CN, he shouldn't end up here."

Jeonghwan was a little unhappy as he placed his jacket on Jooeun's shoulder and dragged her by the hand into the lift. Jooeun chuckled. It was rare to see Jeonghwan being jealous. So she stretched out her hand, linked his fingers, and swayed his hand. "He is in the past..."

Jeonghwan took the opportunity to grab her chin and force her to look him in the eyes. "Then you should take more initiative. I want to be your future!"

Jooeun seized the chance to plant a kiss on Jeonghwan's lips before hiding her blushing cheeks against his neck. "Is this enough?"

Jeonghwan was satisfied as he pulled her into his embrace. He then took Jooeun to the top of the building – the highest floor.

"This is the highest point in Seoul. From here you can see the entire city."

Jooeun stood in front of the floor-to-ceiling window and looked down. She couldn't help but feel moved by the sparkling lights of the city below. Not long after, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her and a set of soft lips press firmly against her neck. "Afraid of heights?"

"With you here, I'm not afraid." Jooeun shook her head.

With the satisfaction of being needed and being depended on, Jeonghwan turned Jooeun's head and gently lowered his kiss. "Actually, a place like this is even more suitable for kissing."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because it's high up and it's easy to be short of breath!"

Meanwhile, Minjung hurried home. However, as she approached, she did not see her grandfather. Instead, she found Bohyun waiting for her.

Minjung looked at him suspiciously as she picked up her phone to call her grandfather. But Bohyun grabbed her phone out of her hand and hung up for her. He then tilted his head and said, "Get in the car. Don't you want to see your grandfather?"

"What did you do with my grandfather?" Minjung was stunned for a moment before suddenly realizing something wasn't right. Her eyes were red and her voice was raspy.

"What can we do with him? We merely invited him over as a guest." After speaking, Bohyun opened the car door and hinted for Minjung not to waste any more time.

Minjung didn't understand Bohyun's motive and didn't know where her grandfather was. So she could only bite her lip as she boarded Bohyun's black luxury car.

Not long after, the two of them pulled up outside Yeji's home. Minjung had a bad feeling as she grabbed onto Bohyun. "Did President Seo bring my grandfather here? What is she trying to force me to do?"

She had been in this industry for a long time, so she had a natural sensitivity to stuff like this.

"If you want to know, then go in." Bohyun pulled away from her grip and responded to her casually before pushing open the door.