A Thousand Blue Stars

"Are we there yet?", Tian asked as they've been walking away from the crowd and it's darker.

"It should be around the corner after the rocks if I remember it right."

"Should be? If you remember it right? Are you saying you're not too sure where we're heading to?"

"Don't worry, I have got memory with directions on maps. I read it earlier at the souvenir shops and it's written clearly."

"Really? I meant .. I am not doubting your skill with map reading but how do you know what's written is correct .. or even real?"

"There's only one way to find out.", Phu held Tian's hand close to him to make him feel better.

They finally found the rock that Phu mentioned and it appeared to be an empty beach on the other side.

"It's dark here.", Tian said.

"This is the secret beach that supposed to have ..."

"Have what?"

"Umm .. I read that there's this blue plankton by the beach that looks really pretty."

"But ... I don't see anything here. It's all dark."

"Well ... that's what I am wondering too now.", Phu scratches the back of his head feeling guilty to dragged Tian all the way here for mothing.

Tian took a deep breathe, "But it's nice to be here after all. It's quiet even though a little too dark. But I feel safe with you."

Phu smiled.

"I thought I wanted to show you something special .. but it turns out to be like this."

"Don't worry about it. Most important, you're trying to make me happy, that counts.", Tian said.

But the look on Phu's face still tells him that he felt bad.

"Chief ..."

Phu turned to look at Tian to see what he is trying to say but was kissed by him instead.

When their lips finally parted, they both smiled widely from their hearts and the breeze started to get stronger. A few leaves fall from a nearby tree and landed on the surface of the sea and magic happens.

Like a flick of a switch the surface of the sea was lit up with blue planktons, thousands of them.

"Chief! Look ... it's .. it's.. "

"The blue planktons!"

"They're so pretty!", Tian was so happy and Phu was delighted to see him that way.

"They even looked like stars in the sky.", Phu said.

"I can't believe that we have a chance to see this here. Consider us lucky to have the stars at Phu Phan Dao and also the blue stars here on Love Island.", Tian said.

"Then, do you like the bright blue stars here .. or those we saw on the mountain?", Phu asked randomly.

"Both are special on their own .. but ... I'll say I love the one at Phu Phan Dao more."

"Any reason?"

"It is where it all started, so it will forever be the best and special for me."