A Quiet Morning

Asahi's eyes slowly flickered open. He stretched his arms out and let out a big yawn. Looking around the gently lit room, he suddenly remembered the events of the night before.

Nishinoya was no longer laying on Asahi's lap. His left leg was thrown up onto the back of the couch, and he was practically falling off the front.

Upon noticing the way Noya was laying, Asahi cringed, thinking about how sore he would be if he slept that way. He gently lifted Noya's body back onto the center of the couch, and supported his head with a pillow.

Gosh, what a goofy guy. He thought.

Asahi's stomach grumbled. It was time for breakfast. After brief consideration, he decided he would make waffles, and made his way to the kitchen.

While cooking, Asahi tried to be as quiet as possible. He didn't want to wake Noya, who was sleeping so peacefully just a few feet away. The batter sizzled gently as he poured it onto his waffle-maker.

As the sunlight glistened ever so softly through the window blinds, he found himself thinking, I could get used to mornings like these.

The scent of freshly cooked waffles began to fill the air. Nishinoya stirred, the smell pulling him from his slumber. He stretched out, his body barely reaching the length of the couch. Once he was awake enough, he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

Noya made his way over to the kitchen, wrapped in a blanket. His hair was a mess, some of it hanging in his face. Asahi didn't mind this though, he thought it was cute.

"Good morning," said Asahi, carefully placing the last waffle onto the stack. "How did you sleep?"

"Good." Noya replied, quietly.

Asahi made his way over to Nishinoya.

"I'm glad," he said, gently brushing the hair out of Noya's face.

Nishinoya felt his face grow hot. In his still-sleepy state, he smiled softly.

"You're so cute." He said, not thinking about it.

Asahi immediately blushed and started tripping over his words.

"I- no- you're-" he stuttered, trying to find the right words to say. He quickly grabbed the plate of waffles. "Hey, I made waffles!"

Noya laughed. "Well, let's eat before they get cold, then!"

The two shared a pleasant breakfast together, chatting about the prior night. When remembering that it snowed, Nishinoya jumped up and looked out the window.

"Wow," he said. "It's so pretty!"

"When you're done eating, we can go outside if you'd like!" Asahi said. "You're wearing a coat, though."

Noya smiled brightly. "Deal."