- The Next Day -

Martinez fanned himself vigorously, trying to keep the sweat from showing on his brow. It was so hot that he knew he would have screamed with frustration if he were anywhere but where he was. Martinez eventually decided to take his mind off the heat by watching the strangely interesting tennis match between Princess Henriqua and the Marchioness El Lirio. All of a sudden, the ball hurtled towards the corner where Martinez, Jacquez and Rodrigo sat.

Henriqua lunged for the ball, but missed it, silently swearing to herself. She lost her balance and fell into the flimsy partition that separated the tennis court from the spectators. Before he knew it she was surrounded by young men and he somehow managed to unearth himself and get back onto the court, knowing the the Marchioness was hiding hysterical laughter. He disgustedly removed the dozens of handkerchiefs from where the young lords had stuffed them and realized that the ball was missing. The Marchioness pointed to behind Henriqua where the lovely Martinez El Gato was standing, holding the tennis ball in a delicate grip. If anything, his doublet was even more revealing than the one he had worn the last time she saw him.

Daniel cheerfully helped Paulo and Lorenzo unload all the vegetables from the wagon, then started on the animals. He loved the Market and had loved it ever since his childhood. At least it had given some color to him otherwise monotonous life. Now, of course, he could hardly say that, but decided to enjoy it nonetheless. He carefully arranged everything in the stall they set up, realizing that if they looked better, people would buy them. Daniel spoke to Lorenzo as he worked, his mind forever wandering to how the Princess had released the prisoners.