Chapter 6 - Not Noticing Hyacinth for a Day

It's the 29th Anniversary of the EDSA Revolution . . . Sure, for a student like me, February 2015 is full of class-free schedules on our school. And you know what that means: WHOLE DAY OF FUN in the house.

My sister, Jane Kittensmith and I were chilling on a morning breeze while eating our breakfast together . . .

"Sis, I know that you're angry at Hyacinth, but please, don't ruin the mood on a non-working holiday . . ." she said as I was taking a sip of coffee.

"Sorry sis, but I am not in the mood on spilling the beans today. I so just hate him" I said to her as she tickle me in the sides.

"Aww, come one!" I protested as I was forced to spill the beans. She just smiled as I sit properly in the dining chair.

"Well?" she uttered as I take a deep breath.

I can still remember about yesterday . . . Uugh. Gross.

Yesterday morning, Hyacinth accidentally step on Denmark's right middle finger and the nail tore off. He get angry after his middle finger bled. Denmark instructed me to make Hyacinth as an enemy with Kate while we are silently chatting on the paper . . .

"Why should I do that?" I asked him.

"You know what, Hya has another crush . . ." Denmark revealed as me and Kate go hysterical about what he just said.

"WHAT?!" we exclaimed after what he just said.

"Why on earth will he do that? He loves Arianne so much . . ." I told him so.

"I agree with you, Jess" Kate agreed with my statement.

"See for yourself if Hya will go to Arianne's side later at the reading center" Denmark warned us as we continued writing in our class.

I also noticed that Arianne was kinda wear-off today: her quiz was really low at Science, not knowing that the answers are all in the notebook. It made me wonder why on earth was she slacking off. A normal Arianne will not do that: she always do advance when studying things.

Kinda awkward, you know. For an honor student like her, it's really not an excuse to suck her quizzes.

What was more awkward is, Arianne walk towards me and sit beside me. It's really unusual to see her like this, confessing to me that everything's hard for her that day. I comforted her and make her happy by starting interesting topics with her.

And as you know, brownout strikes, that's why every student in our room was so disappointed. We didn't see this one coming.

My sister laughed on my narration . . .

"So, did your evil plan worked the other day, since you didn't told me about it?" she asks. I nodded in reply.

"But I have another plan: Actually, it was a good plan" I smirked at her, leaving my sister's face planting different questions racing in my head.

Remember that Denmark instructed us that we won't speak to Piranha, not any word? Well, I have a great plan for that . . . I hope it went well.

The next day, we went to the reading center on the third period. Me and Arianne were together. With Mae, Margaret, Abbie and Prince. The Ugly Faggot (a.k.a Margaret Williams) was angry at Abbie because she was in love with Prince. Who wouldn't thought that the ugly faggot loves that idiotic pimp. Prince put her arms around Abbie's shoulder. She got mad. Yep. That Ugly Faggot is jealous.

I saw Hyacinth far away at the back. We were at the front of the screen, in which I got feel guilty because of what Denmark instructed me to. After the film viewing, I can see him talking to himself because there was no person dares to talk to him. The guilt that I have increased more.

In the afternoon, I can see that he was slowly slacking off as the teacher instructed him to sit down.

"Mr. Piranha, would you please sit down?" she instructed as the whole class laughed. He did as what the teacher instructed to, in which case, we went silent after he told me.

Earl suddenly went on my side as he told me that what Denmark said is true in the paper chat. . .

"Jess, I heard that his other crush's name is Mary Joy . . . " he reported. He revealed that he and Hyacinth switches on crushes. I went furious and write back.

"Who on earth is Mary Joy?" I asked. He write down:

"She was Prince's Partner in Folk dance . . . you can see her in the other section . . ." he replied. I didn't wish to continue. I went to Arianne and my mischiveousness grow while taking her pink blankie. Margaret went on as we played card games secretly as the teacher gives us free time.

When I went home, I narrated to my sister of what I did to Hyacinth . . .

"Jess, since you were the cupid, you need to do something . . . Hyacinth may be strong as he looks but men has a fragile heart. Be careful on what you are doing. . . It may affect that whole operation, you know" she advised me as I leaned on her shoulder.

"What should I do, then?" I asked her as she smiled at me.

"Tell sorry and report everything" she said as I nodded. We went to our beds and retired for the whole day. While I was lying on the bed, I meditated my sister's advices to me. She was right: I need to do something. I made solutions out of my misery when I see something slacking in the operation.

I, Jessie Victoria Kittensmith will do something about it. I must not fail on my mission.