Chapter 9 - Cupid For a day

Author's Note: For better reading, kindly click the video above this.

It is now February 14, who knows what's the occasion, I guess everyone knows. It's Valentine's Day and lovey-dovey is spreading here in school.

When I came in the school, tons of roses are in hands of young men with either chocolates and letters beside them. They look excited and quite nervous, I think they'll going to confess for someone.

And that made me think of Hyacinth confessing for Arianne today. Speaking of the devil, I saw him sitting on a chair near beside our classroom.

"Hey Hyacinth, what's your plan today?" I asked him as he move his head upward with his gloomy look.

"I don't know, I can't even explain. When I accidentally kissed her cheek the other day, that made me think she's mad at me and I think it will become worse if I give her romantic gestures today."

"What if it's not?" I suggested.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, girls love being appreciated by saying adorable words. Giving them roses and chocolates make them think they're special and Arianne is not excluded with that."

"I want to give something to her but it's that. . . I'm too shy. I can't even present my face in front of her." He averted his eyes.

"It's your choice, remember our recognition is approaching next month. You wouldn't know what will happen to Arianne, maybe someone will court her or something."

His eyes widened, "You're right Jess, but I don't know how am I going to do that."

"Are you ready to confess?"

"Maybe. . . I will do my best."

"Now trust in me, whatever will happen." He nodded.

We don't have regular class today and we are required to join and participate in activities that our Supreme Student Government prepared. That means we are free to choose what booth we are going to.

Mae, Kate and I are with Arianne now, we are currently at Cupid's Food eating our heart shape chocolate cake and drinking iced cappuccino.

Our plan is already set, once the game starts in the booth the rest will just happen.

The speaker is already in front. "Good morning colleagues, love is in the air indeed. I know you're relaxed with your food, as a gratitude of coming here we are going to have a game. This game is called seek-your-love, we have three fish bowls here with rolled paper, in that three bowls only one paper has written on it and if you are the lucky one who pick it, a special suprise will be given to you. So let's start it!"

The speaker and I sabotage this game already, the truth is that the two fish bowls are only rolled paper in which this will be distributed to other students. In the remaining fish bowl, all of the rolled paper has something written on it, which will be given only in Arianne. This sabotage would not be guess by anyone because the crowd will be busy having their own rolled paper without noticing the one fish bowl.

The plan went smoothly as no one notice the sabotage even Mae and Kate, the three of us also have a rolled paper, but it was from the other fish bowls. We finished our food as the speaker goes again, "We are done distributing the roll papers to everyone so let's see who is the special one who picked the written rolled paper!"

Eveyone is so hype and excited to be the winner, "3! 2! 1! open the rolled paper!"

Kate, Mae and I opened the rolled paper and as expected it was empty there's a sad face embedded on the face of students as they also had an empty paper. But, Arianne's reaction is different from the others.

"SHOCKS! There's something written on my paper!"

Mae and Kate are shocked to knew it they immediately go in Arianne's back to see it.

"You're the winner Ms. Arianne, please come here in front and tell what's on the paper."

"KYAHHHHHHHHHH! CONGRATULATIONS ARIANNE!" Kate and Mae exclaimed.

Arianne shyly go in the front, I know she really hates attention. It's like she's having her dillema, "to go or refuse" poor grandma, well that's nothing minutes from now."

"You're so lucky to picked that rolled paper Miss Arianne. Can you read what's written on that paper?"

Arianne slightly nodded, "Congratulations for winning this game! As a prize, a special treat will be given to you, you're partner from the winner of other booth is waiting for you. Enjoy!"

The crowd was filled by awes and applauds. Two girls approached Arianne and let her wear blindfold. I just smirked on what's happening.

I told Kate and Mae to roam around and excused myself to visit my friends in higher grade, well that's a lie. I followed the girls who guide Arianne to the school's garden, it is where the suprise will happen.

The set is simple, there are lights, vintage chairs, tables and tea set in which you can feel cozy. Well, SSG really planned this but I sabotage it with the two love birds. The president, who is my friend agreed on my plan, well it is not a romantic date, but a friendly one. We're only fourth graders to see it as a real love though.

They let Arianne sit on the chair, infront of Hyacinth who really looked good and nervous as well.

Gosh! I'm so excited what will happen. Today, I become a cupid of this two.

Arianne remove her blindfold and her reaction was really candid--- she was so suprised to see Hyacinth infront of her. Hyacinth just smile a little. I hide myself from the flowers here.

"Welcome to our garden cafe, I heard two of you are friends. Please enjoy the food which is free!"

Both of them smiled, the food served then and start eating.

They're so lucky, while me watching them eating.

Hyacinth interrupted their meal and asked a question, "What can you say about me, Arianne?"

She gazed infront, "Well, I think you have happy pill everyday because I noticed you're so energetic even in third grade. You also look good, your eyes are hazel brown and you have perfect set of teeth."

Hyacinth shyly smile, "Oh, thank you."

"Can you describe me too?" Arianne suddenly asked.

"Umm, first of all I really admire your cleverness, you're so smart. You're bob hair is also cute. I think you're so tough that all boys are afraid of you, even me. I really like your personality and perspective. . . That's why I like you." Hyacinth turned his head down.

YES! He made it! He confessed! Gosh! I'm so happy!

Arianne suddenly laughed, "Hahaha, you're so serious Hya, thanks for liking me. Let's keep being friends, hmm or should I say enemies. Hahaha!"

"Why are you laughing!"

"You look like a girl!"

"You acted like a boy, you're a tomboy!"

"Your hair is like Elvin Presley's hair!"

"What's the problem with that, rock and roll."

I'm just laughing here with the SSG president. I'm so happy that it went well. Even though, Hyacinth confessed, Arianne was positive to disregard the posibility to reject or accept, she just thank it and continue their friendship.

Love doesn't talk only in lovers when it's Valentine's Day but also the singles who have their precious friend.

Being a fourth grade, I love how we give importance to education, family, friends and faith to God.