𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 - 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲

2123 words

・❥・

・❥・

I stared off the balcony, resting my elbows on the cold metal railing. I had a pretty fancy view from my window, better than the one in New York that's for sure. I had a view of some of the beach, and some other buildings near our hotel. It felt nice to have lightly cool air blow over my skin after a day of extreme heat from the blazing sun.

"Hey," a voice called out to me.

I whirled my head to the right, seeing the familiar blonde sitting on the gray railing.
         "You're going to fall, Leo."

He scoffed,
          "Nah, I'll be fine."
Leo carefully slid across the railing, somehow managing not to fall off.

His room was beside mine, and our balconies were beside each other, also. However, a white wall separated our balconies, but if we peeked over we'd still be able to see one another.

I turned my head away from him, staring at the elegant sunset over the vast ocean.
         "One of these days, you'll do something reckless and get yourself killed." I sighed, shaking my head with disapproval. 

"Worried for my safety, are you?" He sang, "how thoughtful of you."

I scoffed, "I'm just saying it would be pretty shitty for you to die, especially while doing something dumb."

A grin appeared on his soft lips, "don't worry y/n, I'm not going anywhere. At least not anytime soon."

         "You'd better not."
I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully, feeling my lips curve into a smile.

Leonardo joined me, resting his elbows on the railing beside me. He gazed at the variety of oranges and pinks filling the once-blue sky.

"Isn't it so pretty?" I muttered, tilting my head in awe of the beauty of nature.

"Hm?" He looked over at me, raising an eyebrow.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that he had only glanced at the sunset for a moment. Maybe this sounds selfish, or something, but I think he was looking at me. No, scratch that, admiring me.

"The sunset?" I whirled my head to glance over at the blonde. "Isn't it pretty?"

"Oh, yeah." He looked away, chewing on the corner of his lip with flushed cheeks. "It's pretty, mhm."