𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

Serendipity, beautiful word isn't it?

Serendipity; the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for also: an instance of this. 

also known as; Finding something beautiful without looking for it.

・❥・

Third Person POV:

'Warm, isn't it?' Y/n huffed as she laid upside down on the couch.

'Is it ever.' Her mother chuckled in response.

'Pretty sure the weather forecast said this was going to be one of the warmest days this summer.'

'Not a surprise. You could probably crack an egg on the sidewalk, and in a few seconds you'd have scrambled eggs.' 

The h/c girl groaned and wiped the sweat off of her forehead. 'The thing is, there's not even anything to do in New York with this heat, it'd be nice if we were somewhere tropical; with palm trees and clear water, like Hawaii, or Florida!'

'That would be nice.' The woman mumbled.

Y/n glanced at her mother with suspicion. 'Are you keeping something from me?'

'No, why would you ask that?' She hummed.

'You're acting suspicious.'

'Am I?'

'Yes, yes you are.'

'Hm, okay then.' She poured herself a glass of lemonade before turning the AC up.

'Hey!' A familiar boy grinned as he walked right into the apartment.

'Leo! Great to see you, as always.' Y/n's mom smiled at him as if she was expecting his arrival. 'Can we tell her yet?'

Y/n groaned and looked at her. 'So you are keeping something from me? What, am I not trustworthy or something?'

'It's not that, we just wanted to surprise you.' Leo chuckled.

'Well, can you tell me now? I'm interested as to what you'll say.'

The woman and the boy looked at each other, before looking back at the girl lying upside down on the couch.

'Fine.' They spoke. 'We're going to Hawaii.'

Y/n fell off the couch and flipped onto her ass in shock. 'You're kidding, right?'

The blonde shook his head.

'What? Seriously!? When do we leave?' The girl jumped up off of the floor and hugged them both, beaming with excitement.

'Tomorrow.'

'That's so soon! I've got to pack and plan all of my outfits!' She rushed to her room, opening her drawers. 'Mom, where's my suitcase?'

The mother giggled. 'It's under your bed sweetheart.'

'Aha! Thanks!' The girl laid out all of her clothes on the floor, her bed, anywhere they wouldn't fall off of. 'How many days are we going?' She shouted.

'We'll be there for 2 weeks.'

'TWO? THAT MUST'VE COST YOU A FORTUNE!'

'I got a promotion! So, I decided it would be nice to go on a family vacation for once, and of course, we couldn't leave Leo behind, He's a part of this family too.'

'Aw, thanks. I'm flattered.' The boy chuckled.

The woman smiled and patted him on the back. 'You should go help her out or else she'll get no sleep tonight.'