Special Chapter - 11pm Wave's Room

Damn. He had known there would consequence but... not this. This hadn't been even remotely on his mental radar. Khruu Pom finding him and taking him to see the director for punishment, that much he had expected. The punishment being just a week under 'house arrest' while they cleaned up his mess and, to his great consternation, repurposed his setup was even a little lenient. The director grinning like the Cheshire cat as Wave left the room, as if Wave had directly followed his plan, however, really pissed him off. A deep, all-consuming fury had taken over him more and more with each step and his head had offered only one reprieve; Pang.

In hindsight, the fixation on Pang, the mere fact he was the first person Wave had thought of in such a primal state should have tipped him off that there may have been other factors involved. He had been too filled with rage to notice any other feeling, or the sparks traversing his entire body as he short-circuited the CCTV on the entire floor. Some part of him had been excited to see Pang, had been excited to see what responses he could wrench from the boy. Long story short, some part of him had wanted to push the other boy's buttons desperately, had wanted what happened.

Wave had been incensed. He had meant to completely pummel the other boy; his fists even made contact this time! He had meant to show the other boy the error of his ways, show him just how dangerous Wave could be. He wanted to make Pang regret going against him, regret punching him. If only it hadn't been for the other boy maybe Wave would have gotten away with it; the thought both infuriated and, if he was honest, on some baser level, thrilled him. Maybe that was part of the reason he actually cared what Pang thought of him more than he had cared about anyone else's perception since his parents' death.

Wave dragged himself to his feet and walked over to his bathroom mirror. He stood in front of it, thinking. He had kissed Pang. He had kissed Pang. Worse still he had wanted to. 'Are you asking me on a date?' The words echoed through his mind, pulling him into the memory. He could see Pang lay there, beaten to a pulp and thrown to the floor. He saw how the other boy's eyes had glazed over as he held him against the wall by his throat and relived the moment his eyes were drawn to Pang's split lip like a moth to a flame. He was transfixed.

The events of the previous hour played out in front of his eyes as though he was a mere observer. "I want to kiss you until your lips bleed," Wave was in disbelief that he felt like that about another person, let alone just how true it had been. He had felt like he was about to spontaneously combust if he didn't kiss Pang breathless. As far as first kisses go, he had never expected his own to be so... passionate.

His mind caught up to him, actually showing him what he had missed through his haze of pure panic, the state he had left Pang in. Why did that image have such a profound effect on him? Why did he desperately want to kiss him again? Why did he want to feel the other boy under him properly this time? Why had he goaded the boy for finishing in his trousers when he himself had done the self-same thing without even being touched? Why had it felt that damn good, that right?

His eyes caught the image of himself in the mirror, his hair a state, his own lips bloodied and bruised from the voracious make-out session, his clothing torn in several places. That's when he had noticed; his soul mark was larger and redder than it had been that morning. Shit! What did that mean?