Chapter 1: New Beginnings

"Finally here!" Emma said as she pointed towards the three story wooden house in front of them.

"Woah! Emma! I love it!" Phil said jumping up and down.

Emma smiled looking at the rest of her family who had just been saved two days ago.

"Gosh, I didn't think we'd have to walk for two days to find it!" She said as she wiped a sweat off of her forehead.

"You guys are finally here! Emma you said you'd only take 6 days! You've come here after 2 weeks!" Gilda said looking at the orange haired girl.

"Gilda! How are the others!? Oh- sorry! It took longer than expected to find that wall! Hehe. And to find a way to go over it too!" The short girl replied.

"Where's Ray?" Gilda asked.

"He went to hunt something for us to eat!" Emma answered.

"Emma! We're hungry!" The children tugged at Emma's skirt.

"Guys! Don't worry. Ray's bringing food and then Gilda and Anna will cook it! How about you all go play something with Don! I need to get changed and have a shower then I'll join you guys!" Emma told her small siblings.

"Ok!" The children said and ran into the wooden shelter to find their older sibling Don.

"You really keep your promises huh?" Gilda said giving a basket of clothes to Emma while having one herself.

"Yep! I wouldn't dare to break a promise! Though I did take longer than I promised." Emma replied full of energy.

"I know, it's quite clear. Come on let's hang these clothes on the wire." Gilda said while moving toward the clothing wire.

Emma did the same. She and Gilda went to the wire and started putting out clothes.

"Emma, why didn't you let us come along?" Gilda asked while hanging a shirt on the wire.

"Well, someone needed to take care of out siblings right? I wouldn't just leave them alone!" Emma replied as she put a washed skirt on the wire.

"You really worry about everything." Gilda sighed. "Well you are right, I guess."

"Oh look! Ray's coming!" Emma said with a bright smile on her face.

"Finally..." Gilda sighed.

The orange hair girl put the remaining clothes quickly on the wire and then ran over to her best friend.

"Ray! You're finally back! Yay!" She said excitedly.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I was only gone for three hours." He said in an annoyed tone.

"But I still missed you! You're my best friend after all!" She said and then hugged him tightly.

"Yeah...I...missed you too. I guess." The black haired boy said as he hugged back.

"Now come in! Let's go and have a shower! We're both quite smelly!" She said jumping up and down.

"Yeah sure."

They both went in and were greeted by many children tugging on to them.

"We missed you Emma and Ray!" They all said in unison.

"Aww! Guys we missed you too! Right, Ray?" Emma said happily.

"Yeah. We did. Guys, go and give this to Anna and tell her to cook it up for dinner. I am gonna go shower."

"Ok Ray!" The children replied and one of them took the bag and skipped happily to the kitchen where Anna was busy washing dishes.

"Go and get a shower, Idiot. I am going up to my room to get a change of clothes and then I am heading to the baths."