Norio (Part 3)

Astrean Research Vessel, Hokkaido Coast

"<Gah..! Well now...that was deep>."

Emerging from the water, Emma hopped onto the nearby boat where the rest of her diving team were, the waters were clear and the sun was shining. In her hands she held a bag of the barnacle she was sent to retrieve for experiments by the research commission. After handing the bag to her colleague and taking off her oxygen gear she unzipped her upper suit and wrapped the arms around her waist, wearing only her sports bra as a top.

Greeting her was Anna, her Astrean diving mate and another member of the commission.

"<Huh. I'm as impressed as ever." Anna said handing Emma a water bottle. "<You find anything else down there>?"

"<Oh yeah, a bunch of those things humans call 'turtles'>." Emma replied drinking her water. "<This planet has pretty cool looking marine life. Sure they look less flashy compared to ours but at the same time pretty cool. Also, why did you need this stuff>?"

"<Wanna see how this planets underwater plant life acts compared to ours>."

The two walked into the boats cabin where a couch, a kitchen, a small work table and an HD TV were set up, the TV displaying Japanese news. Within the cabin were Mai, Kanna, and Kat, all of them Astrean girls and members of the commission. Emma sat at the table and pulled out her phone to text Jin.

"<Don't tell me, you plan on sending Jin a selfie of yourself like that>?" Kanna said jokingly causing Emma to blush.

"<T-That's not true! I just wanna talk to him is all>."

"<Leave her alone Kanna, and be happy for her>." Kat said. "<She's practically head over heels for Jin>."

Emma sighed to herself as she sat down and texted Jin. No response came through after a few moments. Trying again she still received nothing. She then tried to call him but her phone continued to go to voicemail. She assumed maybe he was busy and would try again later.

"What the...Hey, look at this!" Mai said.

Everyone's attention turned to the TV with a news report out of Kasane, the city being attack by a series of Xenos. The camera showing Norio fighter jets speeding through the air with civilians watching the ordeal from a safe distance. Emma slowly cupped her mouth with her hands as her expression went from normal to scared.

The jets on the screen were shown firing missiles and guns at the creature, all the while the Xeno let out its terrifying noise. She knew her boyfriend was most likely in one of those jets.

"<Jin>..." she said to herself. Her phone vibrated and she looked to see a message from him.

<Kinda busy now, talk later! Love you>!!

Those words stabber her deeper than any sword could. Looking back and the TV Emma couldn't help but ponder about what was happening to Jin. Kanna instantly noticed Emma's distress and gently took her hands.

"<He'll be alright Emi>..." Kanna said hugging her. "<Jin's a strong guy. He'd never leave you>."

Emma could only nod and fake a smile. The rest of the girls then comforted Emma with a group hug.

***

Sea of Japan

"<Demon Squadron this is command center! What's your status>?"

"<Over the sea command, we managed to lead them away from Kasane but we lost em about a mile behind us in the clouds>." Jin replied. "<Although I think we got a bigger problem on our hands>."