▬▬▬ ɪ. gardens

𝐆 𝐀 𝐑 𝐃 𝐄 𝐍 𝐒

I pulled each root from the damp soil.

Plucked each grass and made room for stones.

I crushed the flowerbeds where butterflies once danced.

Tore the vines that kissed the walls of your house.

I try not to think of you, and the patches of mud where your dirty shoes once was.

I try not to think of you - of the empty house and the vacant lawn and the abandoned nature.

I try not to think of you but I dream of you all the time!

I dream of those dirty shoes on the doorstep where your footprints remain hidden beneath the rug.

I dream that you still have the keys to the empty house and know exactly where I hide the spare among the rocks.

I dream of our garden and the grass that's no longer there, then the pollen I inhaled from the dead flowerbeds, and see myself chasing butterflies that had long ceased with the summer air.

And sometimes, I still dream of the roots that I was so sure I've pulled from the soil,

And the vines that burned to sink through your skin.

But everytime I dream of you, the foliage always find a way to grow back as thorns.

The vines carve new paths in each crack through the fence.

I try not to think - of the garden, the butterflies, and the flowerbeds,

But I always dream of the memories I planted on this barren soil in hopes that life will return.

With my hopes that you will one day return.

Alas, you cannot grow meadows in the middle of winter. You cannot grow gardens upon infertile soil.

But sometimes, I find myself dreaming of our garden, our flowerbeds, and our house.

And at the end of the dream I am reminded of why we had never stayed in this area in the first place:

I find myself astray in the dead end path of you and I.

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐈 | 𝐏𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐘𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐈-ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ

ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ.

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐈 | 𝐏𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐘𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐈-ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ