Chapter 7. - Special Dinner.

Josca

I couldn’t contain myself and let out a little shriek when Tessa grabbed my wrist, as the boys appeared in front of us. I had to bite my lip in order not to shout anything dumb and silently watched the guys’ movements. My eyes went over their bodies and I suddenly felt awkward when I caught myself checking them out. I shyly looked away as Niall glanced into our direction and heard some girls standing next to us giggling.

“Hmm-mm”, I heard someone coughing: I immediately realized it was actually Harry, but well, who could ever mistake his voice for someone else’s? The girls kept silent and Harry grinned a bit uncomfortably as he started to talk. His voice sounded extremely deep tonight and without noticing, I gasped.

“I want to welcome everyone to Locked Up For Love”, he spoke and he looked around the group, his curls bounced up and down nervously as he moved his head. “I hope you’re having a great time already.” He frowned his typical Harry frown and tried to remember what to say next. You could see he felt really twitchy.

“I see you all dressed up beautifully tonight”, he improved his speaking and the flirty Harry appeared. “As you can see you’re in the wonderful courtyard.” Everyone looked around as he said that, because he paused his sentence again. It looked amazing indeed, lighted up by millions of little lights, creating a starry effect. In fact, this courtyard kind of reminded me of Hogwarts, just slightly.

“Tonight we’re going to have dinner together”, Liam said, looking really happy. A shiver went through the crowd as he continued. “As you can see the table is already set.” With that he indicated at the enormous table, covered with an expensive-looking white sparkling plaid and lots of plates and cutlery. As a final touch, certain candles were put in between.

“But…” Harry mysteriously said. “This is not your average romantic dinner.” I caught myself checking Harry out this time. Bow ties were going to be my death one time, I thought, blushing.

“We got a few envelopes over here, twenty-four to be exact”, Louis spoke. Zayn and Niall hadn’t said a word yet, but while looking at Niall’s face, I noticed he didn’t mind at all. “In the envelopes you’ll find your seat number. Some of you will find a golden ticket and get to sit with the lads, some of you won’t”, he winked at Zayn and grinned. Niall and Zayn were ready to walk over to the girls and hand out the envelopes. Zayn handed Tessa and me our envelopes and I just couldn’t look him in the eyes completely, scared that I would do something stupid. I glanced at Tessa and she asked me:

“Which number do you have?” I hadn’t even opened my envelope yet. I softly tore the paper of the envelope and my heart started to pound faster.

“Number two. It’s a golden ticket”, I whispered and Tessa shrieked, hugging me immediately.

“I’ve got number 16, that’s probably on the other side of the table. But I’ll watch you from there. Don’t do dirty things under the table, huh?” She winked at me and I burst out laughing. Eventually, mister McGale helped everyone to get to their seat. My thoughts ran through my mind on high speed when I noticed the only empty chair at the end of the table: it was in between of Zayn and Harry. I took a deep breath when I stood behind them and finally sat down. Harry looked up at me.

“Hi!” He said with a wide smile, showing a perfect row of teeth. He reached out his hand and I shook it.

“I’m Josca”, I said with a lightly awkward tone in my voice, but Harry didn’t notice.

“Ohh, you’re the one who made the video for your friend!” I heard Zayn speaking at my left. When I looked into his eyes I suddenly realized how close I actually sat to him. I sighed of relief when he spoke that sentence to me.

“Yes, that’s right”, I said with a smile and I shook his hand as well.

“I have to admit, I’m actually really nervous”, Zayn told me, biting his lip. I followed and whispered:

“I agree with you to that…” We didn’t get more time to speak to each other, because waiters suddenly surrounded the table. In no time, they’d put down plates with the most delicious smelling chicken soup I’d ever smelled.

“Bon appétit!” Niall shouted and everyone around the table laughed. Clearly, he wasn’t the only one that had been hungry, because I saw Tessa sitting in the distance, kind of attacking her soup. She grinned at me when she noticed I was watching her and showed me her thumb.

“I actually thought my mum was a great cook”, I dared to tell Harry, because he wasn’t talking to the girl at his right anymore. “And she is, believe me, but this is like…” Harry smiled and finished my sentence:

“Heaven on a spoon?” I was surprised, because that was exactly what I was going to say. Harry laughed at my facial expression and I was a bit embarrassed. “You stole my words”, I protested and Harry grinned, continuing eating his soup.

“Sorry”, he mumbled.

After almost everyone had finished their soup, the waiters appeared again with the main course. No one had expected something like that.

“What is this?” I heard a girl shouting indignantly. She sat very close to me and had a golden ticket as well, I couldn’t remember her name, but I did know she was nice.

“Spaghetti tacos and salad”, Liam explained her. He signed at Niall. “Something that Irish man wanted to try for once.” Niall cutely shrugged and attacked the spaghetti tacos like Tessa had done to her soup before.

“Random try or not, it tastes delicious!” Zayn said and I nodded, not speaking on purpose, I had my mouth filled with food.

When we’d eaten some more I got into a conversation with Zayn about my video.

“I remember the video very clearly!” Zayn had said to me at first to start the convo. “It was very impressing!” With that he smiled and his eyes sparkled.

“Well, thank you!” I said, feeling very flattered. “I honestly never expected I’d be chosen to go myself. With Tessa at last!” Zayn and I looked for Tessa at the table and she waved at us with a mischievous smile, we waved back. “Who decided to put me in it as well, actually?” I suddenly asked Zayn, still looking at my friend. I turned my head around at him and he watched me teasingly:

“I can’t tell!” He said and I decided I wouldn’t ask more about it. Instead, he asked me about my hobbies and all, so I showed him some of my drawings on my iPod.

Eventually, the waiters appeared one more time: the dessert was ready. Chocolate fountains and bowls with lots of fruit and candy were put down on different spots on the table.

“This is a food paradise!” I mumbled and that caused some laughing next to me, as I grabbed a stick and took a piece of banana to mix with the different kinds of chocolate. Suddenly I heard a scream, coming from Harry: the girl at his right had spilled the hot chocolate all over his trousers.

“I’m so sorry!” The girl shouted, getting all red over her face.

“I would lick it off”, a voice whispered from somewhere at the left of the table, which caused Zayn to laugh. As he did, I felt he rested his hand on my leg under the table and I shivered, laughing along. Because Niall had already heard it, he burst out laughing now as well, the loudest of all, so the whole table followed, although not everyone knew why they were laughing. I looked at the laughing boys and girls around the table and grinned widely. Yes, this sure was something to be happy about.

Louis Tomlinson @Louis_Tomlinson                        3m

Today I’ve learned that spilling chocolate is good to train your laughing muscles… @Harry_Styles 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

written by Josca