Level 1: Game Start!

How this went from a simple one-shot to a full story is something I question myself. The fact I managed to drag Micro into this is something even more question worthy. But here we are! And this time, I'm dedicated to actually trying to update this story, so with his help I've figured I'd start cycling things. One chapter here, a chapter in Shooting Star, and so on, with the seasonal update to Seasons. That said, hope you enjoy the story!

"As long as there's hope for the future, there will be smiles. As long as there are smiles we can save [the patient's] happiness! That's what I believe... People living their Iives... Is the power everyone possesses to change fate!" - Emu Hojo

"C-can I become a cool hero like that? E-Even without a quirk?" A four year old asks, his finger shaking and trembling as he points at a computer screen, the image of a large bulky man carrying people out from a blazing inferno on display.

The green haired woman that is his mother, begins to cry, her mouth opening up to say something, before a hand on her shoulder cuts her off. Another woman steps forward, her hair a bright pink, a yellow dress with pastel pink and green decorations adorning it dressed over her, her pink eyes looking at Izuku with pride, as she kneels down and places her hands on the boy's shoulders.

"Honestly and wholeheartedly yes. Izuku, even sitting here talking to us, instead of shutting down from everyone, is just proof of how strong you are. You've never needed a quirk to be a hero, or even just to help people. Just the amazing heart you have is enough." The pink haired woman says, a smile on her face.

"You were dealt a bad starting point, but you'll be just fine." A young looking man with black hair, dressed in black clothing that ends in colorful pixels, his arms adorned in a pink sweater, steps forward, speaking with an calm tone, though some unflappable excitement is hidden underneath. "Your game's not over yet. Just keep at it."

The mother steps up, the tears in her eyes beginning to slow. She looks at her family, the woman with pink hair shuffling aside to let Inko kneel in front of her son. "Izuku... You can be a hero. I will do everything I can to help you become one, and I know Asuna and Parad will do the same." She looks at the man and woman, both of them nodding. She looks back at Izuku, cupping his cheek with a hand. "This awful fate life has given you is not set in stone... You can change it, with your own hands." The mother hugs her son, holding him close, as his small arms wrap around her, both Asuna and Parad joining in the hug as well.

The year is 2261, and the Earth is far removed from how it was in the past. Around the turn of the second decade in the new millennium, humans began to develop superhuman abilities, starting with a baby who glowed being born in China. These superpowers became known as Quirks, and spread out far and wide among the population, and before long, 80% of the population possessed these Quirks. Now with the world looking more and more like a scene out of a comic book, to meet with the obvious rise in crime and disasters came a new profession... The role of Hero!

However, many elements from the era Pre-Quirks remain, such as the once widespread scourge of the Game Virus, otherwise known as... The Bugsters. Computer viruses and Biological viruses combined to create a threat to life across the globe. To the total population of the planet, this virus remains a serious threat, even if the total scope of its effects have been forgotten to time.

Yet, even in this darkness, rumors and legends remain, from time long forgotten, of figures who would rise up and combat threats such as The Bugsters, and other threats that could be described as inhuman. Figures who rise from the ashes and shadows, who despite the risk to their own lives, continue to fight for humanity...