A New Friend (TsukiYama)

"Hey! You have freckles!"

That's the first thing Yamaguchi heared from a boy that's in front of him.

"Oh.. uh-- uhm- yeah..."

Yamaguchi had decided to spend the day at the park, while his boyfriend, Tsukishima Kei, studied for a test. He didn't want to bother Tsukishima.

He thought he could get some peace and quiet, but while he was sitting under a tree, listening to some music, this random stranger approached him.

They had light brown hair, kind of red, and dark blue eyes. They were wearing a mint green, oversized hoodie and a black skirt that reached their knees. They were barefoot.

Yamaguchi clenched his eyes shut, preparing himself for the worst.

'Oh god, they're gonna make fun of me aren't they...'

Then, he heared rustling beside him and felt the stranger sat next to him. He opened one eye, to see the stranger smiling brightly at him.

"No need to be scared! I don't bite" They giggled before extending their hand, "My name's Sakishima Isumi, yours?"

"Uhm.... Y-yamaguchi Tadashi..." He stuttered, shaking the other's hand weakly.

He then studied the stranger's face and noticed something he didn't before. Freckles.

"You have freckles too!" Yamaguchi blurted out, before immediately covering his mouth with his hand in embarrassment.

Sakishima laughed, "Yeah! That's why I wanted to say hi! We're freckle siblings!"

Yamaguchiet let out a small smile, this stranger seems nice.

"What's your pronouns?" They asked.

"Oh... Uhm.." Yamaguchi was hesitant to answer, but eventually stuttered out: "Ah- I'm genderfluid... S-so yeah... But today is he/him.."

He closed his eyes again, preparing for the other to make fun of him, but it never happened.

"Coolio, mine' He/she. I'm bigender!"

Yamaguchi opened his eyes again.

"Oh..."

'Wow' He thought to himself, 'This person is really nice and friendly'

"So," Sakishima started, "What do ya do for fun? Maybe we have the same interest!"

"Hmm... Well I like painting, and listening to music. But I mainly play volleyball, I'm in Karasuno" He said proudly.

Sakiahima's eyes sparkled, "Really?! Cool! I play volleyball too! I'm a third year setter at Nohebi, you?"

"First year pinch server! And like i said, I'm from Karasuno!"

"Karasuno huh?" Sakishima hummed, "I've heard of you guys before. You're one strong team from what I've heard"

"Yeah, I'm not a regular though" Yamaguchi said sadly.

"It's still cool y'know. You got to go to the nationals! That's amazing!" Sakishima said with a genuine smile.

"Yeah... Wait, where you're from again?" Yamaguchi asked with a sheepish smile.

Sakishima laughed, "Nohebi Academy! From Tokyo!"

Yamaguchi's heart dropped to his stomach. He had heard things about Nohebi from Kuroo-san before, he heard that they're all evil, no good, cheating snakes.

And from what he heard from Shibayama, his genderfluid buddy, Nohebi is pretty good. Even without their cunning tactics.

But Sakishima seemed so... Nice. Not 'evil' or 'cunning' like what Kuroo-san had said.