Adoration

Ben and Rey lay together in bed.

Something is off, her back is to him.

He sighs, knowing he's in trouble. 

Every now and then, a little "hmph" or a long dramatic sigh sounding out of her.

Accompanied by her almost bare, freckle covered shoulders shrugging adorably.

He is able to grin, without hiding it.

He does, however, hold back a laugh.

After all, he'd like to keep his balls safe from pain.

"Rey…."

"Hmph"

The laugh is getting harder to hide.

He just knows she's pursing her pink lips.

She's just too cute when she's mad. Like a little loth kitten.

"Kitten," he tries, reaching out and tracing her arm with one finger. She snatches her arm away but in the process, moves back towards him.

It's only a centimeter, but he'll take it.

"Kitten, I was not saying that," he whispers, blowing just a bit of breath on her skin. He sees goosebumps rise.

"Go away, Ben," she tells him.

He feels for her in their bond.

She slams her side shut.

He'd felt it though. Her longing. That even though she'd said go away, she meant don't go away. Stay. Stay and show me.

"Don't feel through the bond, that's not fair," she tells him.

"Then talk to me."

"Why should I?"

"Because I love you and you love me."

"Hmph."

"Tell me what I said wrong," he says quietly, gingerly placing a hand on her satin covered hip. She allows this, for now.

He does so love her in this little nightgown. White and satin, falling at her knees. Thin straps being the only thing holding it onto her body.

You don't like how I've changed.

The words, whispered into his soul through their connection, jar him.

He scoots up behind her so he can attempt to look down at her face.

"What??"

You heard me.

"I heard you," he says, pulling her hair away from her profile. Her eyes are closed and her bottom lip sticks out just slightly, "I just don't understand why you think that. I never said that, Rey."

His fingers unknowingly dig into her hip and she shakes his hand off of her.

You said we are both getting older.

Rey is 31. They've been together now going on 12 years. They'd been through more than any other couple in the galaxy to get here. Unlikely enemies turned unlikely allies turned unlikely lovers.

They don't tell people they met by kidnapping. Him kidnapping her. Him knocking her out with the force. Him strapping her down. Him attempting to interrogate her.

See, that's where it all flipped on him.

She opened her forest green gold flecked eyes and flipped his entire existence on its head.