Come back

After living on my own with no job for a month I decided it was time to go see my mother. A visit to my moms place was long over due. The whole time I was with her I kept getting private calls. Not once did I answer one. My mother lectured me about the importance of having a job and keeping one. In the middle of one of our conversations I got another private call and I was willing to do anything not to hear the rest of mothers story so I answered it walking into the other room. "Hello?"- "Alena..." A very familiar soft voice answered. "What do you want Michael?" I could hear his breathing. It seemed long and drawn out. "I need you to come back." I looked at my phone feeling a bit awkward. "How'd you know I left?" He cleared his throat. "Don't play games with me Alena. Please we need you back at the firm, I need you." My tone became subtle when I realized he meant come back to the job. "No. I can't put up with you any longer. It was bad enough I was letting my boss mess with my mind, but I was also messing with a taken man. That's crossing my comfort zone." He sighed as I just listened to his uneven breathing pattern. "I'll double your pay. I'll- I'll um... I'll end my relationship with Heather." His words sort of shocked me. "But she said she was th-" He kindly interrupted me. "She meant nothing to me. I couldn't even stand her, I just got lonely. I actually can tolerate you. You make me feel-" I anxiously waited for the remainder of the sentence. "I make you feel what?" It was a silent pause. "Just come back." I sighed deeply as I looked at my feet. "Fine but you'll have to wait beca-" His breathing went back to its normal pace and he cut me off. "I don't have to wait. I'm sending a plane to wherever you are. And if you leave me again, it will be your final destination." My mouth slightly opened in disbelief. "Where are you Alena?" I couldn't believe after begging for me back, he'd act like a royal ass. "I'm in Delaware with my mother." I looked at the ground. "Well tell your mother goodbye. I'm sending a jet there and it should be there soon to bring you back. Don't pull anymore of these stunts, or daddy will beat you. Understood?" Daddy? That caught me off guard. "Yes sir." I quickly responded. "No it's yes daddy... Say it." I wasn't sure if I felt comfortable calling him daddy. "But Mr. Jackson I don't-" He interrupted me as normal. "Say it now or when you get home you will get a beating!" I gasped as I looked at the phone unable to believe he threatened to beat me. It's not as if he hasn't before it's just I thought that since he needed me and I didn't need him he'd be a little more complying. "Yes daddy." - "Good." Before I could get even one word out he hung up leaving me standing in front of my mother speechless. "Yes sweetheart." He put me in a predicament that I hated being in. Having to tell my mother i have to go. Every time I visited her I didn't stay longer than 2 days. Once again I was leaving her really early. We bid our farewell and I headed back.
--
I entered the airport with shaking legs. I could see Michael standing in the distance waiting for me. My mind wouldn't stop with these thoughts I had running through my head again and again. Why did I come back? Am I making a mistake? Should I have stayed?