𝐑𝟎𝟏

ʀᴜɢʀᴀᴛ ɪɪ: ʀᴇᴠᴇʀsᴇᴅ
𝘾𝙃𝙄𝘾𝘼𝙂𝙊, 𝙄𝙇

Simone Sage Wright

She stood outside of the event-hall rental. It had been almost an hour, and Amari was late to the baby shower for their unborn daughter. Simone had a feeling he would be late, but not showing up was embarrassing.

She sighed sadly, sniffling wiping her tears with her finger tips hoping not to mess up her makeup.

"Simone" Nadia, her mother walked outside closing the double-wooden doors behind her. Everyone in Chicago knew Simone's mother, Nadia, as Nana and a great cook in the neighborhood.

"He's not coming, mama- I thought he would change you know". Nadia walked over to her, drying her tears with a napkin in her hand.

"Listen baby, you gon' go back inside and eat some food and enjoy your baby shower, even if he comes or not, do not let that stop you from enjoying your baby shower, remember it's not about him it's about the baby" Nadia softly touched Simone's stomach.

Simone nodded following Nadia back inside.

As they got back inside, everyone was either dancing, eating, or talking. Even Amari's friends, Quincy and Ricky were present at the party.

Ricky sat at a table with Quincy and Jasmine, who was holding their one-month old daughter, Imani. Ricky tapped Quincy's shoulder catching his attention.

"Yo' where the fuck Amari at? He owe me a weed pack" Ricky scrunched his eyebrows together.

Quincy shrugged. "Man, Ion know he said he was gon' handle some business or some shit".

Ricky sucked his teeth throwing his head back. "I want my weed!" He sang out loud, making a few people look at him.

Amari pressed the breaks to his black-tinted Mercedes Benz, stopped at a red light. The block after was where the baby shower was being kept, he knew everyone would be wondering where he was.

He cleared his throat looking down at his white-cuffed t-shirt seeing a blood stain.

"Ah, shit" He looked around, trying to find what he could wear to cover the stain up. He quickly picked up his black-blazer in the passenger seat, putting it on.

The light suddenly turned green, he quickly sped towards the next block, double-parking in front of the event place. He got out the car, opening the double-doors.

He first seen, Simone taking pictures with her friends, Nia and Jasmine.

Amari walked over to the cameraman. "Yo' ladies lemme get a couple pictures with wifey real quick!".

Simone rolled her eyes, making eye contact with him. "I don't wanna take pictures with you, 'Mari".

Ignoring what she said, Amari pulled her over by her waist, as they stood in front of the white background, with baby Amore's name printed in pink. Simone frowned, as Amari touched her stomach.

He looked down at her, realizing she wasn't smiling.

"Fix your face, baby" He whispered in her ear.