Chapter 2

I groaned. I had obviously fallen asleep on this damn train. I rubbed my eyes and peered through the gap between our seats. My father was still working at his laptop. I swung my legs, wondering where Rosalind was. Without warning, the sliding doors drew apart and she wandered through, a tray balanced in her arms. She dumped it on our table and passed me a bright pink energy drink. I sipped it, letting it gently bubble in my throat. "Thanks" I looked up at her as she handed me a bar if chocolate. "I needed that."
She laughed and began to colour code her school time table. I dug into my info package. I looked at the dorms page. I frowned. Rosalind looked up "What is it?" She persisted. I pointed out our usual dorm.
"They've taken out one of the beds. There's usually one by the window, there." I tapped it with my little finger.
Rosalind shrugged, careless. "Maybe Jess isn't coming back this year." She pointed out, remembering when Jess had spoken to us about leaving last term.
I think Jess was joking, since she was referring to the gross cafeteria food. Still, I didn't want to test my theory until I was certain. I looked through the book, frowning as I searched for the right page. "Aha!" I murmured, following my own gaze with my index finger as I read.
"Nah, she's come back." I read the list of people in our dorm aloud.
Celia Senior,
Jessica Rees,
Alicia Bunting,
Margaret Sholver-Hampton,"
"Who's that Margaret girl? Is she new?"
But I wasn't interested in 'that Margaret girl'. "Rosalind. You aren't in my dorm this year." I said slowly. "In fact you aren't the school at all, according to this." I handed her the list of pupils in the school.
"Wait..." Rosalind had lost interest in the students, and was muttering the teachers names under her breath. "My dad isn't on there." I looked, and sure as sure, a new science teacher had been marked down instead.
MR Phillip Sholver-Hampton.
"Maybe he's that Margaret's dad." Suggested Rosalind.
"Maybe..." I replied simply, lost in my own thoughts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's chapter two done! I hope you enjoyed it, I'll be adding more in the next week.