chapter I

The potters

Brooke's pov

"Oh yeah, dad and mum told me that there are guests waiting for us" he added, changing the subject, well, i cant blame him, it was a hard topic to touch anyways.

"Oh? Who?" I asked, clueless but excited, we dont get alot of guests usually, and most of the time its usually the potters, which at this point they are just family members.

"Yeah, no one new probably" he snickered, as if he just read my mind, walking through the door of our house and nick walked slowly to the living room, curious at whats their talking about, and just as he expected, james potter was right there, sitting with mum and dad, talking to them excitedly, his parents listening and smiling, as eloise giggled silently at his energy, holding tiny lil caroline in her arms.

"And well, i have a great feeling that this year is gonna be great!" He muttered, before eloise finally noticing us, her smile even growing as she stood up and went to kiss nick on the cheek and caroline cooed, making grabby hands with a loud giggle.
"You both were late" she said with a raised eyebrow, probably wondering what excuse will nick give. Her french accent is lighter than what i was used to, i guess she's starting to take a more british accent

Nickolaus and Eloise met at the ministry of magic, while nick was hopelessly trying to get a job there and Eloise was sent of by the ministry of france, on some type of mission. Long story short, they got married at the end of my first year and had lil caroline in my third year, which makes her almost a 1 year old, although thats at Christmas.

What i love the most about Eloise is that she took care of nick when he was at his worst, and didnt back away if he was out of control, she loved him for him, before that he was pretty much miserable with the life he was stuck with; a sad, hopeless, werewolf where he thought no one would even look at him twice. And then there she came, and helped making him to what he is to now, I'm forever grateful to her. just as i idolize my parents love, i adore their love as well. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get that.

Nick told gave her one of the souvenirs he bought from the U.s. to which she loved it and forgot about the topic.

"Brooklyn!" James shouted, trying to get my attention as i dozed off, i shook my head and looked at him with a sheepish smile.
"The heck where you been all summer?" He huffed jokingly, although i think he already knows

"Out of the country, living my life without you ruining my peace" i grinned at him widly, winked at him as i sat between my dad and mom, hugging them each individually.
"Well, have you heard from lily? Has she told you anything about me?" He said with huge eyes and filled with hope, nicolaus laughed
"The boy's smitten, mia" he joked, as he sat down, now holding caroline and eloise right beside him with a smile.

"Excuse me, im not the one with who kisses his wife every second" james grumbledwith a huff

"First off, she's my wife, I'm supposed to love her, idiot. Also, atleast my lover loves me back" he muttered as he gave him a huge smug, snickering.

"Nicolaus! You and your blunt choise of words" mum scoffed, although she was holding a laugh, my dad looked more proud than disappointed.

James looked at him in shock as his parents couldn't hold it anymore as they just laughed so hard, our parents and i joined shortly after, and eloise was glancing at nick in pride. He got rewarded again with Mr. Potter relling him that he always loves his comebacks, even to his own son.

"Nobody said she doesnt like me! You dont even know anything" she grumbled, now just plain embarrassed "i ised to like you more than brooke, now i realised you where she took her snarky comments"