Chapter 1: the call

Tallest Red's POV: I look at the screen while Zim tells us about his latest plan to conker earth. I glance over to Purple and I can tell he is getting fed up off Zim's constant calls. While I also find it annoying, I can't find it in me to hate him. I block out what Zim is saying and try to enjoy my snacks. It goes on for quite a while before Purple starts to yell at Zim. I didn't really catch what he said but when I looked at Purple I could see the hurt and betrayal in his eyes as he hung up the call.

Tallest Purple's POV: As I was listening to what Zim was saying, enjoying my snacks, I looked down at the floor. I couldn't help but think about what Zim did to Red all those years ago and I kept getting madder and madder. Then I just snapped. I found myself screaming

"ZIM CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN YOUR STUPID LIFE. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PLANS. OR EARTH. LISTEN HERE AND LISTEN WELL, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU, ESPECIALLY RED AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO HIM. YOU ARE A WORTHLESS, DEFECTIVE INVADER AND WE SENT YOU TO EARTH TO DIE. STOP CALLING US."

I looked down at the small Irken and felt myself become calm when I saw tears stream down his face. All I could feel was guilt.

"Z-Zim, I'm sorr"

It was too late. Zim had already hung up.

"What was that about", said the voice next to me. I looked at Red and said,

"I um. I got rid of Zim. For good."

Tallest Red's POV: "PURPLE! WHATDID YOU DO?" I yelled.

Purple turned to me and meekly said,

"I uh, I told him he was a mistake. And that we sent him to die. Heh."

I glared at Purple as he nervously sweat. I told him to call Zim back immediately. I could feel myself getting madder and madder.

"Red, calm down. Please." Purple was clearly distressed but I did not care.

"I said, CALL HIM BACK!"

Tallest Purple's POV: I had never seen Red this mad before and it was really scary. I called Zim back 20 times at least, but every time it got declined. Eventually, it was answered but there was no Zim in view. We waited to see if he would appear for 10 minutes before we heard tiny sobs coming from the other room. I looked at Red and I could almost see his heart break. Suddenly, a human ran into the room and the screen went dark.

Dib's POV: I was walking past Zim's house on my way to skool, when I heard something strange coming from inside. Upon closer inspection it sounded like sobbing. Suddenly, I heard a ton of crashes and I hate to admit it but I was starting to worry about the strange alien. I knocked on the door. No answer. I kept knocking until Gir answered the door, frowning.

"Uh, is Zim ok?" I ask, trying to hide my worry.

Gir's POV: I heard what the tallest said to Zim. After the call he started to act very strange, like he was having some kind of breakdown. He was mumbling about how he didnt mean to hurt Red and how he was scared and confused and how he just reacted. I didn't understand what was going on. Zim then started throwing stuff around the room.

"Master, a-are you ok?" I said worriedly.

Zim turned around to look at me and his voice cracked as he said

"P-please Gir, just leave me alone."

I was about to respond when I heard the door bell ring. I looked at Zim once more before going to answer the door. Mary was standing there and he asked

"Hi. Um, is Zim... ok?"

He was looking at me with worry painted all over his face. I looked at him smugly and said,

"Do you care about masteeer?" in asing song voice.

"What?! Of course I do not!" Mary said loudly.

I smiled at him cutely. "liar".

Zim's POV: I looked at the screen when Tallest Purple started yelling at me. At first, I was confused, and then I was hurt and heartbroken as he continued to yell at me. He told me not to call back and all I could spit out was "Y-y-yes my tallest"

As I hung up I heard purple say "Zim. Wait." but I didn't answer.

Flashbacks started to come back to me. I was so scared and confused as a kid that I shot Red. I started finding it hard to breathe and I couldn't control myself. I started crying harder when I heard the tallest calling me back but I didn't answer. Instead I just started throwing stuff. I wanted to scream "What did I do wrong?" but I couldn't get the words out. I heard the computer answer and Purple and Red called out to me but I didn't respond.

I heard someone at the door. I looked up and saw Dip and Gir talking but I don't know what they said. I just saw Dip look past Gir before he ran toward me.