Chapter 1

"Stop." My mom warned. I looked up at her. I was packing, to go to this boarding school for dancers. I was sure my mom was just worried about me leaving. But she was even saying I shouldn't pack a tee-shirt, that she got me for Christmas! "Mom, this is special," I begged. "Fine, that's the last thing your packing, just don't forget Mr. Spaz." She said. Mr. Spaz is this messed up teddy bear I liked when I was little. Of course I would pack him. I started to haul down my suitcase. Mostly all it carried was sport bras and shorts, my daily attire. I didn't have any siblings so I wouldn't miss them. Only my mom and dad I would be missing. I wasn't worried but excited, just excited, so excited that all my excitement could make me nervous which it was. I couldn't turn back now, this was my only chance, and I was going to take it.

I love dancing! Ever since I was three my mom was always pushing me to try dance. I started, got better, and so at age five I was joining competitions. I'm twelve now. Just the age to audition for Parkstage dance academy. This studio is big! It's right splat in the middle of the big apple! I thought it was just a dream to audition for it, but I did. I do many types of dance, Jazz, Ballet, Lyrical etc. This was a huge opportunity, my mom took me to the audition, I tried out and in the mail came a letter saying I was in! So, now here I am waiting to sign in to quickly get to my dorm.

"Name please." the man checking people in asked me. "Chloe Sanders." I replied. The man started asking me questions but I wasn't listening, I was too busy over looking Mia Stelle. She is the queen of dance. Technically me and her are at the same level but instead she is being followed by paparazzi. She is effortlessly good at taking in the photos. I was so distracted the man checking me in tapped my shoulder. "Miss your room." He passed me a pair of keys, reassuring my access to my dorm. I quickly didn't want to be trampled by the crowd circling Mia so I quickly skittered up the wrap around staircases to find my room. I was number 1239 on the next floor. While passing the hall I saw many types of rooms, a gym, a den, a photo room! I would really have to figure this place out. I finally reached my dorm, opened up the door a peeked inside

My dorm was nice, kind of fun loving, I took a seat on one of the two beds. I really could get used to living in this space. Outside my window I could get a little view of the Empire State Building. As I fished open my suitcase, suddenly a girl rushed out of the bathroom. She had her mocha hair tied in a tight ballet bun, tanned skin and un-tied pointe shoes dragging her every step. This was my new dorm mate. Tammi. She rushed past my bed and grabbed her duffel bag, looked quickly to me and scurried on. "Umm..Hey." I said trying to spark a conversation. Tammi breathed out slowly and smiled at me. "I am so sorry, I'm late for ballet." She panted and glanced up at me. "No worry's." I said. Tammi thanked me for her awkward hello and soon left for ballet. me on the other hand decided to unpack. Besides what was I supposed to do without a roommate for an hour?