Chapter 3: No way, really?

My eyes have a life of their own. Failing to stop them yet again peeking at the new kid I hear Scarlett giggles from beside me. Italian hasn't started yet; we are waiting for the teacher to arrive and the last straggling students. A familiar mess of dirty blonde hair turns the corner into our classroom and a smile comes to my face as I realise who it is.  

"Clara!"

I stand up to give her a hug and she smiles back at me "Hey loser" I laugh and lightly smack her on the arm as we take our seats. Clara is the final member of our close-knit crew. As the queen of puns she collected a few groans and punches from everyone, but she was adorable so nobody minded. Her hair was longer than mine; almost reaching her belly button and her face was small and cute. Seriously thin, she looked amazing in tight jeans. Although we all used adorable and cute to describe her, she is one of the strongest people I know.  

As we chat away, the teacher strides into the classroom and begins with "ok so today, we have a new student joining our class" everyone nods, including us three
"no way, really"
I whisper to Clara and she laughs. "Class, this is Xavier" the teacher finishes and we all look over to him. I get my first good look at him, without having to be sneaky, and like what I see. He wasn't exactly mind-blowingly hot, like Zac Efron, but he was definitely attractive. Short, almost black, curly hair styled well followed dark skin, making me think he may actually be Italian, and cute features. He wasn't very tall, only just taller than me but he wore his size well. He glances over at me, cheeks slightly flushed from all the attention and our eyes lock once again. I quickly look away, embarrassed at how much my cheeks warm up. Scarlett looks over at me as a small smile forms on my lips and raises an eyebrow. Shrugging, I tell her with my eyes that its nothing but then she turns away, now two eyebrows high, showing she doesn't believe me for a minute.  

The rest of the lesson passes quickly, most of the work just simple translation. As the bell goes, Scarlett, Clara and I pick up our books and walked out the door. As we go, someone brushes pass me and I looked over to see it was Xavier. Smiling shyly at him I ask how his first day had been. He smiles back, eyes twinkling "yeah, okay thanks. I met a few people in science, but Italian was my favourite class" he winks at me and my next question hardly comes out "uh...w-who did you meet in science?" I gulped, trying to calm myself and focus on his answer "uh, Theodore and Joseph? They were cool" I nod in agreement, thinking that he would of gotten along well with them "oh yeah, Joe and Theo, they're like my two of my closest mates" he raises an eyebrow and his smile lessens slightly "oh ok, yeah they offered to show me around today, but I think I got it" I nod again, feeling like a bobble head as we both follow Scarlett and Clara outside.

~~~ 

I sit at the bus stop, thoughts of Xavier going around my head and I sigh. Theo walks up to me and plops himself down next to me "hey there" I smile at him and lean on his shoulder "hey dude" I say back, knowing he won't care about my close proximity. We sit there in silence for a while before he asks "so did you see the new guy today?" I look over at him, blushing, and nod quickly, Theo must notice something in my eyes because he suddenly grins at me, making me blush harder and giggle. As our laughter gets harder I see the cute face of Xavier through the crowd at the bus stop and I smile.  

That is, until I see that he has his arm around the shoulders of a tanned, gorgeous girl.

sorry! Iknow this one isn't long but i just feel like some of my chapters are so pointless and stupid ugh xx anyway third chapter up, currently writing fourth sorry to leave you all on a cliff hanger :D also if theyre are any grammer or spelling mistakes i apologise, i try to edit as much as i can but i just want to post the chpater quickly!!