sweater

Pronouns: they/them
Tw
Self harm

Prompt- y/n forgot about a few scabs when taking their sweater off...

-Nikki pov-
I just got done streaming and I decided that i should talk to y/n, my partner. We don't talk as much as we used to because of my channel getting some traction!
I walk into our shared bedroom and see them sitting on the edge of the bed. I walk up behind them slowly so I could scare them. I grab onto their shoulders and say boo! I know they doesn't like loud sounds so I only spoke as if I was talking with them. they jumped slightly then giggled as they realized it was me.

"Now why are you going around scareing people?"

"Because I missed you my flower."

"Hmmm I don't know, scareing people is a punishable offense..."
they pulled on my arms causing me to fall to the bed. Shortly after they starts tickling me.

-your pov-
I watched as the girl I loved laughed uncontrollably under me, I smiled to myself contently. Niki had been a bit distant lately, in a way she always seemed to be spacey when we were talking. I didn't want to tell her how I am feeling because I don't want to make her feel bad, so I've been bottling it up. Which probably isn't the best decision but I don't want her to feel bad for her success. I stopped tickling her and she looked up at me with tears in her eyes from all the laughing.

"So flower, do you want to go on a walk? It would be nice to get some fresh air."

I take a minute to think about it and finally decide that it would be nice to go outside for a bit.

"Yeah that actually doesn't sound too bad."

"Great! Let's go!"

"Wait- right now?"

She nods her head and drags me along.
We make it outside and she starts walking to a local park. It takes a minute but we finally make it to the park. She sits on the closest bench and looks up at me expectingly.

"C'mon! Sit next to me!"

"Yeah, okay."
I chuckle and sit next to her and wrap my arm around her waist.
I felt her shiver a bit so I touched her arm, she was freezing.
"Hey are you cold?"

"Yeah a little bit..."
I take my sweater off and hand it to Niki so she could put it on.

-Niki pov-
After I put y/n's sweater on I look over to them and down at their arms. I see the small cuts. some are fresh and others look as though they've been there for at least a week. I quickly look back up in hopes they didn't see me looking at the tiny scratches that littered their arms. I thought to myself
did they forget that they were there? or did they willingly want me to see them?
it didn't feel right to know what they have been doing to themself. I should bring it up with them when we get back home, for now I act like it didn't happen so they can be happy.

time skippppp

I walk into the house following y/n they look back at me when we start going towards the bedroom.

"I assumed you were gonna go stream or make a video, was I wrong?"
their voice snapped me out of the spiral of questions I was asking myself.
"oh I wanted to talk to you about something.."
the look in their eyes of worry and fear had taken over the sweet and happy gleam. it didn't make their face distort with sadness, no. quite the opposite. they looked happy..? but their eyes told a completely different story.
"alright, into the bedroom we go then."
when we walk in y/n turned to me and the look of fear and worry had left their eyes. they looked so... dull. like they felt absolutely nothing at this moment. they quickly sat down and waited for what I had to say.

"I saw.. the cuts..."
"yeah I kinda assumed that's what you wanted to talk about.."
"...why?"
"Niki, you should know why.. hell you're half the reason I'm doing this"
"wha-"
"ever since your channel has been getting more attention you have been stopping a lot of the stuff you usually did. we haven't had a meal together in weeks! I miss you Niki but you're causing me pain."
"y/n... I'm so sorry. I didn't notice, I'll do better! I'll help you and we can do better!"
"Niki, look. all good things must come to an end.."

Y/n pov

my heart was beating out of my chest. this had to be the day I finally got out of here. the day I can finally be okay again. Niki seems to neglect everything if it doesn't have anything to do with being a content creator. I do love Niki and I'll miss her but I can't do this anymore.

"c'mon my flower, we can start over. I'll take a break from posting and streaming for a while and we can try again! please don't leave me. i need you"
those words replayed over and over in my mind. those words she uses to guilt trip me. I can't help but to feel bad, maybe she really is trying to change..?

"o-okay w-we can try ag-gain."

"great! we'll do better this time my flower, I promise it."

hah little twisty twist