Santa Monica.

TW - Anorexia.

Reader's POV:

"Mom have you seen my white shoes!" I yelled as I ran around my room.

"I put them on the shelf in the mudroom! You left them in the floor again!" Sarah yells from the kitchen.

"Sorry!" I yelled as I ran a brush through my hair.

I grabbed my sweater and turned the light off in my room making my way to the kitchen.

"Morning honey." Sarah said.

"Morning!" I called as I went to grab my shoes.

"Here I made you some eggs." She said putting a plate in front of me.

I finished putting my shoes on and took a couple bites before checking my phone.

"What time is Rachel picking you up?" Sarah asked.

"She just pulled up actually. Thanks for breakfast mom!" I said as I put my still half full plate next to the sink.

"Love you." I said as I gave Sarah a kiss on the cheek before putting my sweater on.

" I said as I gave Sarah a kiss on the cheek before putting my sweater on

"I love you too. You need to eat something bigger for lunch you barely touched your eggs!" Sarah yelled as I walked to the door.

"Bye mom!" I yelled.

I made sure the door was locked and went and hopped in the back seat of Rachel's car. She and Kelly were taking me to the Santa Monica Pier today because we hadn't seen each other in a few weeks. 

"Arcade or Aquarium?" Rachel asks as we pull up.

"Arcade." Kelly and I say at the same time. She turns to face me and we both bust out laughing.

Rachel smiles and shakes her head at us and finds a place to park.

Things are a lot different for me now. Anywhere I go people know I'm Sarah Paulson's daughter. It took a while for me to get used to it, the constant pictures and screams. But I don't mind it so much anymore it's nice to feel recognized and loved everywhere you go. Things I only ever dreamed of when I was with my birth parents. That's all I ever refer to them as now. They never did much in the way of actual parenting so why should I call them mom and dad? Sarah is the one who stepped in and actually raised me even though I was already 14 when we met, I still had a lot of growing up to do and Sarah understood that. She was patient and did everything she could to be there for me. I truly wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for her. 

Sarah's POV:

After I cleaned up everything from breakfast I cleaned around the house a little as well. 

Ryan had asked me to come in and let the hair and makeup team do a trial run for my character today. He had shown me a few pictures of what they were going for and I was interested to see how they pulled it together. 

We would be starting filming in a couple weeks and I know (Y/N) is so excited.  

This season however will be a lot busier than most because as well as playing Sally in Hotel I'm also playing Marcia Clark in Ryan's other series American Crime Story. 

I had talked with Rachel when I found out I was doing both and she and Kelly agreed to help and be with (Y/N) some so she wouldn't be on her own too much. 

(Y/N) really has come a long way, and I'm so proud of her. Kristi was able to come and work with her while we were filming Freak Show this past year, and this year (Y/N) switched to online school and has continued to do so well. 

We were able to find a way for her to get a head start on her classes so she wouldn't be just totally slammed during filming which was nice, and because she started this year early she was on track to graduate early as well.

She continued working with her acting coach and has completely fallen in love with acting. 

We've talked a couple times about everything because I didn't want her to feel like she had to act because of me but it was clear it had become her passion. 

The hair and makeup test took about 2 hours because they were playing around with a couple different looks.

The one they went with was different to say the least, but I honestly thought it was pretty cool.

By the time they were done it would be close to time for Rachel to drop (Y/N) off, so I decided to leave it on and maybe scare her

I was standing in the kitchen leaning over the island when (Y/N) walked in and it took a second for her to notice, but when she did she let out a scream and dropped the stuff in her hands. 

"Mom! What the heck!" She yelled holding her hand to her chest.

I laughed and walked over to help her pick her stuff up.

When we got everything picked up (Y/N) looked at me for a few minutes and pulled on a piece of my hair.

"What in the world did they do to you?" She asked giggling.

"They made me into Sally." I said laughing.

"That's gonna take some getting used to." She said as she took her shoes off again leaving them in the walk way.

"Did you already forget our conversation from this morning?" I asked pointing at the shoes.

"Noooo" She says slowly picking them up and backing over towards the mudroom.

"I thought so." I said shaking my head. I love this kid, she's really become quite the character the more she's started to come out of her shell.

Just then Winnie came flying through the dog door, I guess she finally realized (Y/N) was home.

(Y/N) immediately sat down on the floor with her and they played for a bit.

"What sounds good for dinner?" I asked looking in the pantry.

"Pasta." (Y/N) said back.

She and I look at each other for a minute before she says "I'll go get my phone." and we both laugh knowing neither of us like to cook very often.