Chapter 1

Jungkook's P.O.V

"Mom, that's enough," I groaned and darted my eyes across the campus to make sure no one was witnessing my mom peppering my face with kisses.

Today was bright and sunny. The campus yard was filled with bustling teenagers all excited to fair well their parents and start their new journey including me.

"Oh, hush. You're finally starting your college career. And not just any college, the top best college of the music industry! I'm just so proud of you, honey. My little boy has all grown up," she pulled me in for the thousandth hug as she got emotional. Again.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I love my mom to death but understand, it took us an entire day to get here and 20/24 hours was spent on her bawling her eyes out. It was touching at the beginning but exhausting after the 9 hour mark. Now I'm just ready to say my sweet goodbyes before embracing this whole new world ahead of me.

We were fortunately interrupted with the ringing of the entrance gate bell. Guess, that's my signal to get going.

"Okay, mom, take care. I love you and don't forget to give dad, and the twins a hug for me, okay?" I sighed and gave her a tight hug, almost not wanting to let go.

Okay, now I'm the one getting emotional.

"Alright, baby. Don't forget to give me a call once you've settled in," she handed me the last of my luggages out the back seat, "Here's your credit card and don't bother protesting, your father insisted! He made sure he wired you a load of money. Lord, I don't even want to know the amount. So make sure you buy good furniture for your dorm since we couldn't bring anything with us and spend wisely. Love you!" She handed me the card and kissed my cheek for the last time before ushering me away from her, leaning against the driver's side of the door.

I chuckled before grabbing what I could.

"Need some help?!" One of two boys yelled and both came running from the entrance.

"Yeah, thanks," I scratched the back of my head awkwardly once they've reached me and each grabbed a bag

I wasn't good with meeting new people. Sue me.

"I'm Jung Hoseok, 21 but you can call me J-hope! This undiscovered species over here is my lovely dongsaeng Kim Taehyung, he's 20," The brunette guy stood in front of me grinning, almost bouncing as he introduced himself and his friend.

"Uh.." I turned to my mother for help but she just stood there laughing.

"Forgive my hyung, he overreached his daily sugar consumption and is probably ready to jump off walls," The red haired guy named Taehyung explained before moving towards my mother, "Good afternoon, stranger's mom. It is I, Kim Taehyung and what may your name be?" he dramatically bowed and kissed my mother's hand who in returned giggled like a lovesick school girl.

What the fuck was going on? I frowned as I looked around searching if this wasn't a hidden camera prank pulled on newbies.

"I'm terribly sorry, are these two idiots bothering you?" A short blond hair guy dressed up in chains and all black ran up to us.

"I'm no idiot," J-hope pouted, crossing his arms and glaring at the guy.

"Yeah, kinda," I gave a lopsided smile as I looked at the guy unsure, "One looks happily unwell and the other's trying to become my step dad."

"No, I'm certainly not! Have you learned no manners on treating beautiful females such as your mother? I'm highly disappointed in your father. But what do I know? You were probably just a lost cause to him," Taehyung sighed pitifully, tilting his head and looking me up and down in disappointment.