A day for Ray

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Rays POV:

I woke up this morning not really feeling like doing anything but I knew (Y/n) would be mad if I didn't feed Pancho so I had no choice but to get out of bed. I took a shower and everything before putting on some casual clothes, then laying out my work ones since I knew I would be going soon.

I cook breakfast before hearing (Y/n) finally come out of her room.

"What are you making?" She yawned as she sat at the counter.

"The usual. You sound tired. Why dont you take a break from school today?" She rolled her eyes before answering.

"You know I can't do that. What if something happens and I'm not there? Plus, I still need an education no matter what world I'm in."

"Your right kid, but dont stress yourself too much... Also, I'll be home a little later than usual so there's no need to save me a plate from dinner."

She gave me a skeptical look as I sighed.

"It complicated, but everything will come to terms with time."

"And when will that be Ray? It's been a year and you're still telling me nothing. I don't even know your quirk and don't even think about telling me you dont have one. I feel like you know a lot of things about me that I don't know about myself, or else you wouldn't have chosen me to come to this world among seven billion others."

'She's smart. I really did underestimate her perceptiveness.' I sweatdrop before answering.

"Yeah, you're right. I don't know what to tell you. But anyways, you should get going soon or you'll be late!" She looked at the clock before her eyes widened.

"Shoot I promised Izuku I'd walk with him! I'll see you later Ray, and feed Pancho!"

"You got it! Have a good day!" I held my smile until I heard the door shut.

"Dammit. She catches on fast..." I grit my teeth before sighing and putting some food in the dog's bowl as he enters the kitchen. I bend down to stroke his back.

"(Y/n) sure is smart. I can't let her get hurt... like last time." Pancho looked up at me and tilted his head as if he understood what I was saying. I gave him a reassuring smile and patted his head.

"Don't worry bud! I'll protect her... Even if it's the last thing I do." I mumble the last part before exiting the kitchen and getting changed into my work clothes.

❏❏❏

After changing I teleport to where I'm to be meeting.

"Ray, glad to see you could make it."

"You say that as if I had a choice." My voice remained chipper as the man in front of me chuckled.

"How's she doing?"

"You mean (Y/n)? She's great. She's a quick learner and after all that training with All Might, has become stronger than she's realized."

"Hmm... Help her out a bit. Make sure she has all fifteen of her quirks by the time UA goes into summer break."

"You got it! Is that all you wanted to tell me? And I came all the way here for what?" I pouted slightly as he rolled his 'eyes'.

"It's not as though it took any effort. You may leave now."

"Yes sir!" I salute before disappearing as quickly as I appeared. Once back in the apartment I sighed and slipped off my shoes.

"I got all change just to have a three-second conversation. He should've just called." After changing back and getting a small snack I decided to go out. Even if I had no clue what I was going to do, something always seemed to happen while I was walking around so why not?